Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Off To See Family

Tomorrow morning, I board a flight taking me to Utah, and to the warm arms of my family. If you don't know, I am the 4th oldest out of 10 kids. Three boys and 7 girls. All but two of us are married now, and there are 24 grandkids so far.

This will be the first time we have ever had a sibling reunion. No spouses. No grandkids. Just the original 10 kids and our parents. We are assembling in Utah for the weekend and have lots of fun things planned. I can not wait. Our theme is "It's gonna be great!".

Here are some random pictures that I had of us through the years. This picture was taken in 1988 when we moved from Arizona to Washington. I had just turned 12. This was a few years before baby number 10 was born.

This picture was taken two years later on a visit through Utah. My dad was taking the picture. Still before baby number 10.

This was on that same trip to Utah. We went to Lagoon, a theme park in Utah, and we spent the evening before making Tye-Dye shirts. People thought there was a tye-dye convention going on that day because they kept seeing all of us throughout the park.
We are going to recreate this moment by tye-dying t-shirts and going to Lagoon on Friday. It's gonna be great!

Skip ahead a number of years. This is when I graduated from College. We are all together, including baby number 10, who wasn't so much a baby anymore!


Here we are again, a few years later again at my sister's wedding. We are crazy. Three of us were pregnant in this picture, myself included. I was pregnant with Georgie.


Here we are last year at our Family Reunion. Almost everyone was able to make this one. My oldest brother is missing in this picture. His family couldn't come.


However, tomorrow, I will get to see EVERYONE! Nobody from the original 12 will be missing. So, I'll see ya'll back next Tuesday. Until then...

15 comments:

KJ-Starre said...

Your Mom had 10 of you....OH MY GOODNESS! she has just become my all time hero....& I moan & whine about my 1. I am so pathetic aren't I~ hahahaha!

With so many siblings your trip is guaranteed to be FANTASTIC!! Take pics OK...& be safe.
Chat when you get back.
K
x

Sharon Carpenter said...

this is gonna be GREAT!!

kdaygirl said...

U had to use this pic of mu wild hair...thanks so much.....ITS GONNA BE GRRRRREAT!!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I hope you have a great time!! cant wait to see pix when you getback!!

Simply Mel said...

This vibe rocks my little world. I would love to have had as many kids...its great being part of a big close family. Nothing beats it ever.

Cant wait to hear all about it.

Queen of Chaos said...

Cool photos, Shaina!

Elise said...

Have a blast!!!

Ericka said...

HOW FUN!!! wow! 10!! God bless your mother :)three is close to sending me over the edge! ha! have a great time and can't wait to see pics!

Karen & Matt said...

Have a Blast!!! Glad you get to see everyone! =)

Shavonne said...

yay, see you today!!!

Ande said...

Hope that you have a great time with your family. It is hard enough to get my family together and there are only three of us.

Stacey said...

I hope you have a blast with your family! Looks like you always have fun together! We haven't checked out Lagoon since we've been up here yet...but I bet you'll have fun!!!

The Girls' Mom said...

have fun!

I'm Always Rite said...

Sounds like a fun time! Read you when you get back! :)

jkerbe1 said...

Hi Shaina,

Have fun on your reunion, looks like fun. I can't tell which child is you in the earlier pics. I was just looking to see if you had the peanut butter recipe posted, we can't find ours. Are you reading Breaking Dawn? I am, we'll have to talk if you are. We had a baby shower for Carolann last night. We missed you. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.
Suzanne