Thursday, August 21, 2008

[sigh] 1st Day of School!

First, let me get to the drawing for the scrapbook stuff. A big congrats to STACEY for being the winner of the scrapbook goodies. Email me your address and I'll get it sent out to you.

Also, thank you so much for all of your comments this week. I read them again and again. I love my blog audience!! I will do everything I can to keep you coming back. So thank you again.


Today was the first day of school for my kiddos, and the first day of Kindergarten for Kolby. I asked him if he was scared or nervous and he shook his head. He was ready!! When I woke up the boys this morning at 6am, Keaton said "My goodness! That was a short sleep!" No buddy. It's just short when you and Kolby stay up half the night talking!

This morning they had strawberry muffins, sliced strawberries, strawberry yogurt [I see a theme with the strawberries, although it was not intentional!] and orange juice [at least it wasn't strawberry milk!] Kamy turns to Kolby and says "It's not usually like this for breakfast Kolby. Momma normally gives us cereal." I like to make the first day of school a special day. So they get a special breakfast too. I would have made eggs, but after the muffin and the strawberries, they all said they were too full! Good. It's terrible to go through the morning of school and be hungry!




Last night we gave them all baths, put out the clothes, made the lunches, and got their backpacks all ready. I made a little tag for Kolby to wear around his neck, with information of his teacher, classroom, bus route, and my phone number. Kamy said she'd help him get to class. I hope they all have a grand day. I'm excited for them. It was also Kolby's first time riding a bus.




Around dinner time, Heath is suppose to get home. He is sad he had to miss the first morning of school preparations but I promised him he could get up with them tomorrow! Giggle. With the bus coming at 6:40 am, it will start getting darker and darker in the mornings. I'm sure the excitement of getting up early will wear off soon.


Georgie and I are going to go to a bead store to get stuff to make more necklaces, and then on to the Pink House to turn in a layout for the store.

15 comments:

melissahurst99 said...

How odd it must feel to only have 1 child at home!!

kdaygirl said...

Just me and Addi today too! He is still asleep and it is 9am here. Gonna clean and get some work done in my nice quiet house. Yeah for school!!!!

Sharon Carpenter said...

wow, its the first day of school for everyone!! i feel like a kid, mostly because jayne isn't in school, but i am, my first day is september 8th! kolby looks so cute and excited in all the pictures

Ande said...

I love the first day of school, they are so excited. We'll see how Xanen is when he gets home. Have fun with Georgie!!!!:)

Elise said...

Happy first day of school!! How fun! BTW, your hair is looking like it is getting long. Liking it!

hydee said...

I have a question for you about the previous post actually about your layouts are those real scrapbook pages, meaning paper stickers and stuff or are they digital? thanks

Stacey said...

Wow! I won?? Cool!! Thanks! You are so sweet. :) Your kids all look so cute ready for school. It'll be so weird when mine start school in a couple of years!

shaina said...

Hydee,
I do paper layouts. They are made with real paper, ink, and flowers and ribbon! Some of my things are at the pink house. You can take a closer look there if you want. Everything always looks better in person.

April said...

Wow your house must have been quite! They all looked so cute and excited! BTW your hair is very pretty I don't think I've seen you with long hair looks good.

Kim said...

The first day of school is always the best!

I've been away from blogging (I moved my oldest off to college). Just wanted to tell you your layouts are AWESOME.

Kim said...

The first day of school is always the best!

I've been away from blogging (I moved my oldest off to college). Just wanted to tell you your layouts are AWESOME.

Karen & Matt said...

Happy first day of school! I hope it went well. =) Kenzie starts preschool in a couple of weeks. I like how you made them a special breakfast, it sounded yummy too! Love the pictures! =)

Tay and Krissy said...

Shaina, you are too funny! I don't know if you know me but I'm Heath's youngest cousin. I found your blog from Chantelle's and you crack me up entirely!!! Say hi to Heath and the fam for me!

I'm Always Rite said...

You are such a great Mom. And you and a couple other bloggy type friends are making me feel wierd about home schooling. :\ Am I depriving my munchies of some rite of passage? Am I crazy? Hmmm..... Yeah, I don't think so. We're Just Us and that is just fine. :) How did the first day of school go? You and Georgie look so sweet. :) I bet she loves having you all to herself all day!

shaina said...

Margarite, you are not crazy for homeschooling. You are totally above and beyond my skill of mothering. I just can't do that. Keep it up!! You are awesome!