Monday, August 18, 2008

A year in review [CELEBRATION TIME!]

LET THE PARTY BEGIN!

Going back in time, this is what I talked about on my blog during this past year.

Found out what happens when toy meets garbage disposal.

I had quite the rendezvous with an ultrasound tech.

I picked tomatoes here and then we made salsa here.

You find out why I named my blog the way I did.

The Air Force moved us out of our old home and into one just as old.

I started making freezer meals.

Heath and I went to Hawaii!

Some people really do like strange things.

Everyone got to go to Disneyland for the first time.

The only way to have Christmas wrapping paper.

This is the best game in the world.

This really was a very stupid night for us.

Like, I totally love the 80's.

Everyone has secret talents!

We ended our term in the Air Force and moved across country.

Kamy was baptized.

I learned that too much time on my hands isn't a good thing.

George, it seems, also has too much time on her hands; or maybe I'm just not being attentive enough.

I got in trouble for posting these pictures.

A fashion trend that died a quick death.

The DMV isn't as fabulous as we hope it to be. Neither is driving on the freeway.

We celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss.

101 things about me. Don't get bored!

I still wished there had been a fight!

Don't tell me I'm the only one who gets snack attacks!

I stand corrected. Big giant worm-like creatures instead. Oh well. It still reminds me of Arachnophobia!

I like being the Assistant.

Don't try this at home, when you are 13, and a child of the '80's.

I also posted tons of recipes for you to try. Have any of you added these to your weekly meals? Which ones do you like?

So to be eligible for today's drawing to celebrate my first blog anniversary, tell me about a post that you liked on my blog. I will draw a name tomorrow morning and the winner will receive this recipe book:


Super yummy, fast, and easy recipes sure to delight your sweet tooth. Also, the winner will get this apron that I made myself.


I didn't use a pattern. I totally winged it, and it looks adorable. So you get the cookbook and the apron. Leave me a sweet message (said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice).

17 comments:

Queen of Chaos said...

I enjoyed reading your '100 things about you'. It was a good way to get to know you better. :)

Also, I've enjoyed looking at all your scrapbook layouts. You are one creative sista!

Sharon Carpenter said...

My favorite was the garbage disposal post, mostly because of the picture of the doll, and her ummmm head. it just gives me the heebie jeebies everytime i read it, and use my own garbage disposal. its like a little adventure flipping that switch... will i hear the crunching noise of somthing suicidal?
cute apron, did you make it yesterday? i hope i win!!

The Girls' Mom said...

I love the one about how George can do whatever she feels like she wants to do...GOSH!
Although it isn't posted I love your Floating Tacos recipe it is one way I love to stay home and eat all the freakin' chips.
Home made reeses always reminds me of you.
Your blog has had one fun inspiring year good luck to more fun years to come!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I always enjoy reading your Blog post they always make me happy. I Love d the post that your wrote with all the toys.I know it wasent on your list but that made me laugh so hard that you took the time to take pix and then write captions under them.

We love your wild rice soup we eat it alot around here.

courtney said...

I really really rediculously hope I win!
If you draw someones name twice do they still win, or are you going to re-draw?

Anyways, I really liked the one about all the trouble george caused, it reminds me of Alexis.

And...I always like seeing our fam up on your blog.

Pick me, pick me!

Ande said...

One of my personal fav's was the DMV and the bad SC drivers. It was soooo- funny!!! The other one was the sock hair scrunchie!!!! I just love reading your blog. It is fun to see what you guys are up to.

kdaygirl said...

I love the "How to catch a husband" post.... (that book was a joke BTW)


I really really love it when u put pictures of the kids drawings up, it makes me think of the ones my kids do.

While I dont scrap book (and think its a waste of time and space GASP.......) I enjoy looking at other peoples talents and yours are always fun.

Good luck with another year of posts!!!

KJ-Starre said...

My friend...you can't make me choose...I have enjoyed each & every post I have read...:o) I really enjoyed your Spider post...& 100 things about you...& your boy sneaking cookies behind the sofa & the lady you wanted to give a pack of fives...Oh yes & the bas SV drivers...see & can't choose.

Now tell me how come I didn't know you sewed too...you have so many talents...you could be the next Martha Stewart heehee!
Hugs
XX
PS Is the aircon fixed yet?

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

I really enjoyed the post about the package margarite sent you and finding out how we are all related in this small world! :)

Amy said...

How do I choose just one? But if I had to, then it would be 80's night. What a fun night. Just one of many. It was sad too though because it was the last hoorah before you left.
Your blog has been such an ispiration to so many to join the blogging world. Thanks!

chenguna said...

I luv luv luv the post about freezer meals. I wish you would make enough of the cookbook to pass to others (LIKE MEEE) so we can learn to make lots of food ahead of time. So in short I luv reading about your cooking.
Michelle M.

BrittanyLane said...

My favorite posts of all time on any blog I ever have ever read are the back to back Desitin incidents. I laughed for days, and sometimes still refer random acquaintances to the said posts. Congratulations on your blogiversary!

Shavonne said...

I can't hardly pick just ONE post, there are so many I liked, and as you did a synopsis of them all I was reminded of my favorites! I like the movie fight, george's hair adventures, your 101 things, all your scrapbooking and crafts, well all of them! Anyway Happy Anniversary, and I'm excited to keep reading more! Love ya!

Karen & Matt said...

Shaina,
I look forward to reading your blog everyday! You are just one creative chica! =) Thanks to you, you got me to start my own blog which I love. My favorite posts that you have done is the one about the 80's night! (totally bummed that I couldn't be there for that one!) Also all the trouble with George with the toothpaste, desatin, etc.... I love that you have posted all your yummy recipes! My fav are the wild rice soup, and the apricot meatballs, yummy! =)I also love that you post all of your creative scrapbook layouts it so tempts me to want to do scrapbooking!

Heath said...

I luv your posts too. Can I have the apron now and some cookies to go with it please.

Heidi said...

I have to favorite posts the won that makes me laugh would be the one were you took pictures of different super heros and other figures and then printed what they would be saying at that time. Then I would have to say the post of Disney because it brings back the memories of the drive down to disney from the van breaking down to the tower of terror you know what Iam saying... We sure miss you guys tons around here....

I'm Always Rite said...

GOSH!!!
I'm too late.
I totally loved...
Nada...Zip...Zero...Ziltch!!!
It was sweet.