Monday, September 29, 2008

The College Years

I have recently gotten in touch with four of my roommates from my first year at college. It has been a really fun week getting caught up with everyone. I had just found some pictures from that year too, so it makes it double the fun to reminisce. These pictures were taken about 14 years ago. Let's take a look.

Rebecca is the one in the wedding dress. She was trying on wedding dresses. Actually, all of us wanted to try one on and take a picture, but the owner wouldn't allow it. I think we barely got away with trying on all the different veils. Left to right, there's Jenny, Megan, Rebecca, me, Valerie, and Julee.

The twins, Megan and Rebecca, were very cool roommates. I'm pretty sure I didn't fit in with the "cool" factor that year at college, but I had fun following them around!
We often woke up in the morning to find four dozen cookies freshly made and perfectly stacked on the counter. Jenny was the midnight baker in our apartment. If you were lucky enough to be up at 2 am, you could eat some fresh-from-the-oven cookies. The funny thing is, after she stood on a chair to get the baking supplies from the top shelf, she would continue standing on the chair as she finished mixing the cookies. Fun memory.
If any of my roomies have any other pictures, I'd love to see them! I don't know where any of my roommates from my 2nd or 3rd year of college are, but I am in contact with two from my 4th year. Maybe I'll make another post about that later.

8 comments:

Julee said...

I love it! I have a few pictures, I guess I'll have to post them. Those were some good times. It's great to be in touch again.
Julee

Ande said...

I have two of my old roomies blogs. It is fun to see what everyone is up to.

Jenny said...

So glad we are in contact again. I love ya! I guess I will be making a post soon also!

Megan said...

cute pictures. I forgot about Jenny and the chair. Can you believe she claims now to not like sweets?!! Glad we got back in touch.

Nicki said...

Oh, it would've been so fun to know you at Ricks--looks pretty crazy. Love the veil with the hat--too close to the 80's. Happy Late Birthday, Keaton. You are definitely a keeper! Can't wait until you are closer.

Queen of Chaos said...

Too funny! I remember my college days oh so well. {Val was my roomie my first year in college.} Glad you got in touch with some. :)

Rebecca said...

Cute pictures except I hate that wedding dress. It's has been fun to take a little trip down memory lane. I forgot all about Jenny standing on the chair, too funny.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Fun Pix!! You all look so cute..