Monday, September 15, 2008

Halfway

Can you believe we are halfway through September already? Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

Since I am not in school, I don't write the date down everyday. Usually I just know if it is Monday or Thursday. Ya know? Sometimes, like today, I look at the date on the calendar. The actual number date. Today, it shocked me a little bit. Halfway through the month already. The summer seemed really long to me. Fall seems to be flying by! The kids have been in school almost a month. They are all doing extremely well in school. Keaton is brilliant. He really is. He loves math and calls himself and "expert mathematician". Very cool. Kolby can write his name now and it's recognizable. He can make a very good "b". Kamy's favorite subject is art. That is no surprise. She is constantly drawing pictures.

Anyway. Tomorrow is picture day. Keaton wanted to wear his suit like he did last year for pictures. I told him he can't wear the same thing two years in a row. "But mom, my suit jacket is the most handsomest of all and I need to be so handsome for picture day!" I assured him he was handsome with or without his suit, and we picked something out that he didn't wear last year. I also coached him on showing his teeth when he smiles for the pictures. I want to document his toothless grin forever.
**Edited to add picture I took this morning right before school. They are ready for picture day.**

9 comments:

Sharon Carpenter said...

i know!! i can't believe it. oh send me a pics!! i wanna see the toothless grin too!

BrittanyLane said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much the lamest mom ever. I FORGOT picture day. Mason went to school that day without his little envelope, hair uncombed, and arrived home with a very stained shirt, which I pray was not that way when the actual photo was taken. Thank goodness for retake day...

Holmes Home said...

I can't believe it's almost October either. We're on a moving day countdown and I have not begun to get things ready yet. BJ going to Germany for all of October will put the pressure on me to get all our ducks in a row. Shew! Can't wait to see Keaton's handsomest picture!

Heath said...

You know honey I drop my jaw all the time. I'll be walking along then it'll just like drop like out of nowhere and for no reason. Someday when I have time I am going to think about getting it looked at thats for sure.

Just kidding babes had to give you a hard time it part of my job.
By the way Keaton sounds like Napolian D. And Kamy and Kolby look great.

Ande said...

We haven't hit picture day yet. That is cute that he wants to wear his suit. Hope he had fun getting them done.

kdaygirl said...

Dont remind me! That means that winter is right around the corner and I dont like the cooooold.. By the time the kids get their pics taken here, it looks nothing like what they did the morning that they left. Pics for us are tomarrow, we shall see...

dippyrooroo said...

What adorable children you have! They look great!

Jen Sue Wild said...

very cute pic!!! They all look so good.

KJ-Starre said...

Geepers don't remind me about the date...it's a shocker!!!

3 months before Christmas....now that tops it all doesn't it!! Yikes...I only just mailing my 2007 Christmas cards...now I gotta plan them all over again. Do ya think everyone will recognize it if I use last years card & just change the date?....oh boy I have gotten sidetracked!! :o)

You know you have a beautiful tribe...they definitely take after their mama, although their Dad is a bit of all right too.
X