Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tricky Digestion

You know that movie French Kiss with Meg Ryan. She is on a train. She had a lapse in judgement and decided to eat cheese. Lots of it. It tastes good. She eats more. She wonders why she chose to live a cheese-free life. Then it hits. "LACTOSE INTOLERANCE!" She yells out, as her stomach churns and gurgles and rumbles and the mucous coating her intestines rushes down to the, uh, nearest exit. [here is a clip of the movie]

At that point, her body has no control against stopping the inevitable outcome. Her only solution is to get to a bathroom quick, and hope that she makes it on time.

Few of you know what I am talking about. Few of you may have experienced it firsthand. It is not fun, my friends.

Last night, I had the same lapse in judgement. Why did I do it? That glass of chocolate milk seemed like a good idea. Oh, how I found out that it was NOT a good idea. Very bad. Very bad indeed. It's been quite a few years since I intentionally ate or drank something that I have deemed "in the danger zone" for me. I had forgotten what it makes my body do. Sometimes I think "Maybe this time I will be fine." I was so wrong.

I won't make that mistake again.

9 comments:

kdaygirl said...

Wish that would happen to me once in a while. Hmmmmmmmmmm

BrittanyLane said...

I'm so sorry! I've never had a problem with dairy, but had c-diff for four solid months a few years ago and I can completely empathize with you!

Sharon Carpenter said...

darick is lactose intoerant, he takes a lactaid everytime he has a dairy product, and pays dearly when he doesn't take one. you should try them, then you can have the chocolate milk

Tay and Krissy said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Sorry you had to experience that though!

Ande said...

That is my favorite part in the movie. That stinks not being able to enjoy a little glass of chocolate milk once in awhile. Which sounds really good as I am typing. HMMMMM...

Queen of Chaos said...

My mom is VERY L.I. and I mean in a fierce way. I do a tiny bit. If I have too much cheese I get sick. But I'm grateful mine is much more manageable then my mother's- and from the way it souunds- you. So, sorry.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yuck I am so sorry .. Again Yuck!!

KJ-Starre said...

Oh-boy! I totally get the picture....are you still alive? or did you leave a lung in there.

Feel better friend!
*hugs*~I'm feeling brave
:o)

I'm Always Rite said...

I think your stomach hates you. :]