Sunday, October 26, 2008

Garden of the Gods

There is a great park here called Garden of the Gods. It's got hiking trails up the wazoo. Heath had promised the kids ages ago that the first weekend we moved here, he would take them to this place and I would stay home and unpack things without having the kids there to "help". I assured the husband that it would still be ok for them to go and I would just stay in bed all day and that I would be fine. The kids were really excited about going.

They were gone most of the day, had a great time hiking around (even Georgie kept up with everyone) and I hear they all had Buffalo Burgers for lunch. When they all came home around 5pm, Heath noted that I was feeling worse, and that is when we went to the clinic.

Anyway, Heath took some pictures and I thought they were so cute. If I had tried to set up the kids for these pictures, Heath would have grumbled and told me to just take "natural" shots. But he did it and I think the pictures are so great. Here they are, taken by my husband, the new photographer in the family. (If you click on the pictures, they'll come up big)









Keaton is holding his telescope that he got for his birthday. I'm sure he has no idea.....






9 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

I think Heath has found a new calling in life! The pix are fantastic! Your family just looks like they belong in Colorado! :)

Jenny said...

Love Garden of the Gods. My family went when I was in high school on one of our only trips out of Alaska (I can remember only 3 in the 18 years I was there). We thought it was great. We did Pikes Peak the day before or after also. What fun memories you are making.

courtney said...

I am sorry that you are sick! I hope the medicine is doing the trick!

Those pictures are really pretty and the kids look like they had a really good time.

Ande said...

He did a good job with the pics. Hope you are feeling better.

The Girls' Mom said...

Love keatons telescope! HAHAHAHA I have always wanted to go there, the pictures I see are always so beautiful!!

Rayna said...

Amazing pics! Hopefully your feeling better. Glad to see your back together.

April said...

I hope that you are feeling better so you can set up house. What a great husband you have to take care of you and take the kids way so you can sleep and mend. When you get feeling better and can talk I'd love to chat but did your number change? Take care and hopefully talk to you soon.

Stacey said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I really hope you are back to healthy very soon!

Kim Watson said...

Beautiful photo's....amazing scenery...super cute family!! They have to be all yours :o)

I really hope you & your throat are on the mend. See it was serious!!..did the medication work?

Big hug!
x