Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween (two years ago)

In 2006 our family dressed up as a Pirate Family, with baby Georgie as our pet parrot. We were pretty cool. I found most of our costumes at a thrift store. I just tore them up, added some scarfs, and Arrrrr! Pirates! Keaton's costume was given to us, His was the only"true" costume. I used a black eyeliner pencil to pencil in the kids' eye patches.

Yes. I was wearing leather pants. Very Pirate-ish.

A few days after the church Halloween party, it was officially Halloween, and Keaton wanted a different costume. We already had this blow up superman costume, and since our Keaton wore glasses, we thought it would be pretty clever to have him be Clark Kent/Superman in mid transformation. He especially loved the little curl loop we did to his hair to make him look like Superman.


Fun memories.

5 comments:

April said...

Shaina that is soo cute, are you all dressing up again this year? Halloween here isn't the same as last, it's raining and my ward isn't doing a trunk or treat so we are going to my sister in laws should be fun but different. Happy Halloween.

Jen Sue Wild said...

Have a Happy Halloween!!Cant wait to see pix of tonight's costumes..

tasha said...

I remember my FAVORITE PIRATES!!!! Can't believe that was 2 years ago! Time goes too fast! I can't believe you had to move again! I'm glad you got to where you wanted but, just the packing/unpacking stuff stinks! But knowing you, you made the best of it! I miss you! Give the kids a hug from Miss Tasha! Love ya!

Julee said...

Hey Shaina, are those black leather pants your wearing?
I bet your hubby enjoyed that!!!

Nicki said...

We miss those pirates, too! I was just telling some friends yesterday about the pirate family with the little parrot on her daddy's shoulder! Can't wait to see what you came up with for this year!