Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hopefully getting better

We had delayed going to the doctor because we were between insurances, but knew we couldn't wait any longer. I was getting worse. So last night Heath took me to an acute care clinic. It was determined that I have pneumonia and laryngitis. I was given a breathing treatment to help me breath, as well as two shots of antibiotics with pills to follow. I was able to breathe through the night, finally. I'm hoping this congestion will clear out soon. My biggest complaint was my very painful sore throat. I can't describe how bad it hurt except to say that I'd rather have another natural childbirth instead of this sore throat. Today it feels much better. I may actually eat something today.

Heath has been super. I couldn't have asked for more help. We are all staying home from church today. Heath is going to get a lot of things done for me regarding unpacking. I still don't have any energy, so it's nice that he will unpack for me. Yesterday he took all the kids on a hike through Garden of the Gods. He took some great pictures. Stay tuned for that.

9 comments:

melissahurst99 said...

I hope you feel better soon! I hate getting sick cause you still have things to take care of no matter how crudy you feel!!

The Crockett's said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! Why can't the world just stop when Mom is sick? I once had pneumonia and bronchitis at the same time, it was terrible! Get some rest tomorrow when the kiddos go back to school!

I'm Always Rite said...

Well, I'm glad you've finally gotten the medical help you needed. :] You have such an incredible husband. Heath rocks! You are in my prayers and I hope you are all better soon! Did you take pain meds for the sore throat. I never thought of it until I got strep throat in Arkansas and a pharmicist told me to take ibuprofren and cough drops. Miracle! :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yuck!!! I am so glad to hear that you got medical help!!
I hope you are better soon!!

Jenny said...

Done the pneumonia thing several times and it IS NOT FUN! I am sorry. Hopefully it will start to get better - this also means that you might have to rest and take it easy (hint hint). Isn't it nice to have such a great husband. Hope that you feel soon. Take care!

dippyrooroo said...

I hope the medicine kicks in good and strong! Then you could start enjoying your new home too!

The Girls' Mom said...

You poor girl! rest, rest, rest {that is so hard for a mom} and get better soon.

Shavonne said...

Oh Shaina, that sucks! What an awful time to be sick too, when you just moved and I know you are just dying to unpack and get everything organized!

Simply-Mel said...

Geez Shaina - I hope you well on the mend by now. Sounds awful. YOu are a trooper,shucks.