Thursday, October 30, 2008

Normal

Things are returning to normal around here. We found the kid's dress-up chest last night amongst some things in the garage and put it in the boy's room where it normally gets much attention. Last night was no different. This morning, the kids were still wearing random parts of costumes. Again, very normal in this household.


Amid all the excitement of me getting sick, I realized last night that I don't have a Halloween costume for Georgie. I'm thinking she can rock the world in this little wig and I can pull together something 80's for her. At first I thought it could go well with this treasured outfit of mine, but Georgie pulls off the wig better than I do. Of course, she may have to fight her daddy for it. I think he wants to wear it to work on Friday.

Here is a picture of the kiddos before their first day of school on Monday morning. So far, they are really liking their classes. Kolby is back to 1/2 a day of Kindergarten. He doesn't mind so much. He likes to watch Dora in the morning with Georgie, and build towers and such. I think he needs all the time at school as possible, but since they only have 1/2 day here, I have to go with it.
I'm almost all better except for some lingering congestion in my nose and throat. My voice is still a bit raspy, but not too unusual for those with a cold.
I think I might post another recipe later...

5 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Your kids are so dang cute. It must be exciting for them to enter a new school mid-year. I loved moving when I was a kid. When all else fails with the halloween costumes we go for the .99 cent animal ears at Target. The wig does look pretty fantastic on her though.

Jenny said...

I am glad you are getting settled. The kids look happy. My kids did full day kindergarten and LOVED it. It was hard to get them to leave. Their teachers were great. I am excited to see their costumes. I love kids at Halloween!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great Pix!! I love Gorges Mulit..Too cute..

I am glad to here you are filling better.
It stinks moving and being sick..

Megan said...

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal and you're feeling better.

kellynmaryweaver said...

Glad you are feeling better it is hard to be a mom sometimes, but especially moving and being sick andyou had both. Your Kidos look great, I am glad your family is good.