Monday, November 3, 2008

Free Family Fun Day

On Saturday Heath wanted to show me around the city and his favorite places in Colorado Springs. I told him as long as it was free, I was up for it. So we packed a lunch and lots of water and we set out.
First, Heath took me to Garden of the Gods. Since I was sick last week when he took the kids, he wanted to make sure I got to see it. So we hiked around for a bit and took lots of trails. It really is a very beautiful place.





We also drove up around the mountains to get a birds' eye view of the city. Then we hiked up Helen Hunt Falls (not named after the actress) and got another view of the city. This is a picture from the top. Too bad you can't see the view we saw.

Then we did some more driving around and then we went home. It was a great day that didn't cost us a penny (except some gas for the car).

Before I forget, on the trails we kept seeing horsie poop. George would say "Oh no! Oar-see poop! Oar-see poop!" It was really cute. Then, on the way home, Kamy was saying something to Georgie, and she said "But why, Ah-nee?" (she pronounces Kamy's name "Ah-nee") and she just kept saying it...."But why, Ah-nee? But why?"

10 comments:

Jen Martakis said...

Oar-see poop. Love it!!

What gorgeous photos! The scenery is just breath taking and you have such a beautiful family. :)

Sharon said...

i like the family picture! it's nice to have a free day

I'm Always Rite said...

Looks like a great day! Can't wait to have Superman home with me to do some exploring. :) Glad you're feeling better!

Jenni said...

Gorgeous scenery! Josh dreams of hiking out there one day!

BrittanyLane said...

What a beautiful place! Love your family picture. Looks nice and warm there.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

What a cute family you have! You are such a strong lady! You did great during your move! Thnaks for letting me read your blog!

I would like to invite you to stop by my blog when you have a moment~ I have something for you there! :)

Karen and Matt said...

What a great day! cute pictures, and georgie cracks me up. What a cutie! I'm so sorry that you have been sick. I hope you are feeling much much better. I loved the halloween pictures as well. Fun fun! =)

The Girls' Mom said...

Yes I'm still alive, I have been SOOOO BUSY and tomorrow we are going to Disneyland, this is the first time I have even had a chance to check my blog. Ill have lots of catching up to do when I get back. I hope your are settling nicely I can't wait to read all I've missed.For now I'm looking forward to sun and fun. Love YA

Ryan said...

What a beautiful place, and you in your capris--isn't it cold in Colorado? I hope all of your dreams come true and am so glad to have you back out in the west! (This is Nicki)

crystal wolf said...

::Delurks:: Beautiful pictures! I love Colorado Springs, I was born there, I wish we'd gotten stationed there instead of Minot. I'm trying to convince my hubby to retire there.
Crystal (Jen's sister http://travelswithwolf.livejournal.com/)