Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can't believe I made this all by myself!!

So today I had the bright idea to fold all my laundry that I had washed yesterday. I really need to get back to doing a load or two everyday so I don't have a mountain of clothes to sort through! Anyway, as I was checking my crafty blogs this morning, I came across a tutorial for a darn cute purse. I thought about it....then I thought some more....and amazingly enough, all memories of what I was supposed to be doing [ie: folding the mountain of laundry] vanished and I found myself deciding which of my limited supply of material would become a purse today.

Ladies and Gentlemen...I present to you my very first....homemade....stinkin' adorable....PURSE!


I still cannot believe that I made it all by myself! I didn't even need to ask my brilliant seamstress friends my usual "desperation" questions. I think I just might have turned into a gal that can sew all by herself!! Wow. This is cause for a celebration!!

When I decide to leave the house again...[I'm such a homebody], I'll for sure be sportin' my handy dandy homemade purse with pride!!



By the way, if you want to be totally cool like me, you can also get the free pattern, along with the greatest step by step instructions...HERE! Go for it. Ya know you wanna...

15 comments:

Sharon said...

it's so CUTE!!

kdaygirl said...

Thats cute... make one as a giveaway in purple and lime green and call me the winner!!!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Good Job!!!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Did I win? Just kidding. I know this isn't a giveaway, but I'd sure do a back flip if I got one of these! I love the purse!! You have tons of sewing expertise! I don't know that I could whip out a way-too-cute purse that is lined and has a cute button on it like you did in a days time. I bet you did it without sweating. Oh my... I love it!!!

By the way, I don't know how to do a back flip. Plus, I accidentally deleted my previous comment. Sorry... it was probably because my fingers were so happy about your purse!!!

The Girls' Mom said...

That's very cute. Your lucky you had cute handy fabric. I can't wait to make one;)

BrittanyLane said...

It turned out so great! Love the fabric. You crafty girls never cease to amaze me...

Rayna said...

It's gorgeous!

melissahurst99 said...

You are one talented woman!! I just looked at the pattern and though it might look easy to someone else, it was a foriegn language to me!! I love the fabric you chose also!!

melissahurst99 said...

That is a good idea Kim! Do a drawing! Do it do it!!

Chloe said...

YOu did a great job!

LollyChops said...

Oh I love it and the fabric you picked out!!! What fantastic taste you have! I think you need to make another one and do a giveaway. hint hint. oh heck.. I'll trade ya.. that necklace you liked for a purse.. wadda say!?!?!

Kim Watson said...

Oh my goodness it is so great! & stylish too...the fabric you used looks funky & retro, next thing we'll be saying hello to 'Etsy shop ala Shaina'

What a clever thing you are!
x

I'm Always Rite said...

Groovy! You sewing freak! :)

Ande said...

nice!!!! I love those kinds of purses.