Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lots of recipes coming...

I've got a lot of new recipes to post for you, but I need to get ready for church now. For those of you who don't know, I studied sign language for a number of years, and even became an interpreter for a while. I never felt up to par, but I always always enjoyed the language. Anyway, there is a deaf couple in our new ward at church. They have three hearing boys. I will be interpreting for them today. I'm terribly nervous. I haven't really signed in over four years. I'm hoping it comes back to me quickly. I hate feeling inadequate.

I hope I do a good job. Did I mention I'm nervous?

8 comments:

Sharon said...

you'll do great!!

I'm Always Rite said...

Shaina you rock! I wish I had made more effort to learn sign language from my Dad while I had the time. Can't wait for all the new yummy recipes! :)

The Girls' Mom said...

You will do great it will all come back to you fluidly. Then you can go home and reward your hands with some wonderful lotion.
I'm ready for your recipes! I'm Hungry!

Rayna said...

Wow I always wanted to learn that. Have you taught your kids any? It would have helped me with Christina's speech delay. We do use some signing.

Jen Sue Wild said...

You will do great!!!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I'm sure you'll do just fine with your signing.

Also, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for your recipes!!! I absolutely love, love, love recipes!!!!

Have a great week!!!

amy said...

you always did great when you interpreted in SH ward. I am sure the couple is grateful for whatever you can do. Since before I'm sure they couldn't get anything from the meeting without you.

crystal wolf said...

How amazing that you have that skill that you can share with them and make their worship more meaningful. I hope it went well, and I'm sure the more you use it the more it will come back to you.