Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Quick addition to your Thanksgiving!

A number of years ago, my friend Miss Patti gave me this recipe for "Cranberries in the Snow". (Tiphaine, say hi to her for me...) It is very yummy, and a perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving Feast. I don't have a picture to show you yet...because I haven't made it yet, but I wanted to post this today so that if you decided to make it, you would still have time. I'll add a picture later in the week.

Ok, so here it is:

Cranberries in the Snow

1 can cranberry sauce (whole or jellied...doesn't matter)
2 cups of water
1 box (6 oz pkg) of raspberry jello or cranberry jello. I used raspberry.

Mix the above ingredients in a pot on the stove. Heat to a boil, making sure everything is stirred up really well. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).

Pour it in a cake pan and put it in the freezer. FREEZE. (I make this the day before.)

Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 small jar of marshmallow cream
1/2 cup cool whip

Mix these three ingredients together until nice and fluffy. Spread over the top of your jello. Serve.

Within 1/2 an hour of getting it out of the freezer, it is soft enough to eat. I think it's a perfect jello dish for the kids, while still giving them a great cranberry flavor.

2 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

I have been wanting to make something new and fun to take to my sister-in-law's on Thursday and I think this is it! Thanks Shaina! :) You rock! :)

The Brewers said...

Patti says HI!