Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby it's COLD outside!



Last night, after having dinner with some friends, we went outside to our van and wondered what the temperature could be. It felt a bit chilly. So when we got home, we googled our zipcode to get the forecast and whatd'ya know....it was 2 degrees outside.

However, once you live in cold weather for a while, the colder it gets....well, it kinda all feels the same. So no worries about us freezing our little noses off. We have jackets, hats, scarves and gloves. The husband built us a roaring fire and we all sat around it and...folded clothes. Yes. I brought up baskets and baskets of clothes and made everyone sort them. What a great family activity. Oh, they moaned and complained, but I got the clothes folded and put away. I am a happy mom.


Today I have to go back to the DMV to get the car registered. It happens to be in the mall, so if I swing by Old Navy, it might brighten my spirits.

11 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

It grows on you... Just takes some major self-brain washing words (I DO love snow, I DO love snow). We're -2 here this morning. I'm just feelin' for the poor kiddies at the bus stop.

courtney said...

Good luck at the DMV, I hope it goes well! Keep us the happy attitude like Kim did, it might be aweful, but hopefully not!

It has been so cold here, and very very windy! I go outside and I immmediately feel my extremities numbing up. Brrrrrrr!

I Wish our DMV was in the mall!

melissahurst99 said...

We were -2 degrees here also. I agree with the cold though. Once it hits a certain point, it is all the same. Just like kids, after 3 you could have 20 and it wouldn't make a difference! LOL!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yep you get acclimated. I know for us it took about a year now -30 only feels like 20 and 20 feels like 50 and 50 feels like 75. LOL
This weekend it has been -15 to -30

Liz said...

um... dare I say that it was 54 degrees last night and I was freezing? I am a wimp.

I left a little something for you on my blog.

http://blogerisms.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-awards.html

~Liz

Ande said...

I love that picture. I wish Tom would be as willing to take as many pics as Heath will. Sounds cold, but I agree if we lived there we would barely notice.:)

LollyChops said...

...and I was all upset cause it was 28 today. Heck I could have gone out in shorts compared to your weather!

Megan said...

I love old navy too! Great deals were had this past month for our family. And brrrr it is cold here too but not quite 2 yet. I think it was 10 though.

Stacey said...

I am so jealous that you have a fireplace. This is our first place without one and I miss it!!

Didn't get a chance to make those cookies yet, but I plan to...with 2 eggs. LOL Thanks!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, that is cold! It has been in in the teens and 20s around here. And we had two late start days. The boys are hoping for that again tomorrow.

I'm Always Rite said...

I hope your day at the DMV in CO was better than your DMV day in NC. ;) It's at the mall, so it's better already, right!? ;)