Friday, December 5, 2008

The Best Recipe in the World!

Ok, guys. I'm about to post the best recipe in the entire world. I'm not kidding. It's a no-bake recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge and absolutely nothing is better tasting than this. So incredibly good, and very easy to make. But first, a little background info.

Growing up, there was a family that always gave us a plate of goodies at Christmastime. Even though they loaded up the plate with yummy treats, well, there were 12 of us. It never lasted long. Sometimes we would get the plate of goodies dropped off when my mom wasn't home. We would dive into the deliciousness with reckless abandon. When my mom came home and discovered our gluttony, we got in a lot of trouble. I don't think it was so much that we ate it all. It was Christmas, after all. But this was the very best plate of cookies and sweets that we got from anybody. I'm sure my mom wanted some too!

So there was always one item on that plate that got the most attention from our sweet tooth. The Peanut Butter Fudge. One very sad year, the lady brought over her plate of goodies for us, and as we looked down at it searchingly, we said "Where's the peanut butter fudge?" It was missing. She laughed at us, realized our passionate longing expressions, and said she would be right back. Minutes later, she reappeared with one big plate full of nothing but little delicious squares of peanut butter fudge. We were in heaven!! Even better, she attached a recipe card so that we can make our own lovely fudge.

So begins my affair with Peanut Butter Fudge. I really only make it at Christmas time, but now that I ponder that, I really don't know why I wait to make this but once a year. Oh...I know why. My pants only have so much stretch!

Ok, here goes.

Peanut Butter Fudge (the best ever!)


In a large bowl, combine 1 (18 oz) jar of chunky peanut butter (Yes. You want the chunky) and 1 small jar (7 oz, I think) of marshmallow cream. Use your Kitchen aid or get your beaters out. Set aside.


Take 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of brown sugar, and 3/4 cup of milk. Combine these ingredients in a pot on the stove and bring to a boil, stiring, stiring, and stiring. Once it reaches a boil, boil for 1 minute.


Now, pour the sugar mixture over the peanut butter mixture and mix it until combined. The heat from the sugar mixture helps everything get incorporated.


Spread it out in a large cake pan (if you want your pieces thick) or on a sheet pan (thinner, but still yummy). Set it in a cool place to cool. We always use our garage or we put it in our van outside.

Once it's cool, you slice and serve. This is so fantastic. I hope it will make a great addition to your holiday sweets. Believe me. You'll thank me for this recipe.

7 comments:

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

It sounds amazingly good!
I made your Andes Mint cookies last night and I think i am in heaven!! SOOO good! Thanks for all the yummy recipes!

Julee said...

I can't wait to make it! Thank you for sharing all of your yummy recipes. :o)

I'm Always Rite said...

Wow!!! I think I will surprise Superman and the munchies with this some time next week! Thanks Shaina!

Shavonne said...

Yes this is the best fudge recipe ever! We would seriously fight each other for the last piece. It is so good, and I think I will make a batch of it soon now. you're right shaina, why don't we make it more often than Christmas?

limpingalong said...

Haven't made it yet but I do thank you for sharing -- I love sharing recipes!

Rebecca said...

Mike loves fudge. He already made 3 different kinds this week but he is going to try yours today!

Angie said...

Thank you so much for this recipe! I made it for the first time yesterday and it truly is the best peanut butter fudge I have ever tasted! Thanks so much for a very easy to make but super delicious recipe!