Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Gifts For The Kids


I made Georgie (and Kamy) a tutu, and this was the preferred way to wear them, according to her. Slung around her shoulder is her "Curious George" purse, which contained some flat animal pieces that I found at a craft store. Georgie calls them her "puzzles".



I also made Georgie a crayon roll, which she has constantly carried around everywhere, and I made Kamy a journal cover, which contained lots of colored pens. Kamy wrote all about Christmas in her new journal, including when she woke up in the middle of the night, saw a bright red flash, and just knew that it was Rudolph.



Out of some extra material from Kamy's journal cover, I made her an apron. She was really excited about that.



I made Keaton and Kolby some crowns. They, too, have been wearing them everywhere. However, when I went to get a picture, they were using them as houses for their Star Wars figurines that they got from my brother's family.



I made the boys a few other things, including a Memory Game for Kolby, and a Bowling Bunnies set for Keaton.




When I was making Orange Rolls for our Christmas Breakfast, I had just pulled them out of the oven, and was preparing the frosting, when George became very interested in eating them. Heath told her she had to wait a little bit. This was her "don't touch my orange rolls!" reaction.



Later, Kolby replaced his crown with a new Fresca hat. Who needs Christmas gifts when you can make your own super cool hat out of a empty box of Fresca?

8 comments:

kdaygirl said...

Those are super great gifts and a great homemade Christmas!! The kids look way cute in all the pics!

runningfan said...

What a woman. I am very impressed with all your craftiness! That bowling set is awesome. I may have to inspect all your amazing gifts next time I'm over. There just might be a year when I opt to make some things for the kids...especially if I get a girl...

Carolann said...

Hey, your Christmas looks great! I followed your tradition this year of having the big dinner on Christmas Eve and only having leftovers on Christmas, it was AWESOME! I was so relaxed on Christmas and loved not being in the kitchen all day. You have such great ideas!

Anyhoo, we won't be coming through Colorado on our way East, we are traveling South to Disneyland, then over to AZ, then East to Texas. So sad we won't see you.

We need to plan some kind of girls weekend. We can even do it in CO since it is kind of a central place for all. Wouldn't it be great if all the girls could meet for a weekend with no kids? Just a thought...

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such a talented mom like you. I'm so impressed by all of the goodies you made for each of your kids.

Bravo! Bravo!!!

By the way, I love the wig! Tu-tu cute!

Jen Sue Wild said...

You did such a great job in makeing a fun homemade Christmas for your kids.. i love every thing you made..

Holmes Home said...

I will always envy your skills. You're the bomb!

I'm Always Rite said...

You are so Wonder Woman!!! ;)
And your kids totally rock! So grateful! So sweet! So darn cute! I love George's "don't touch my rolls" look! Too cool!

Adri said...

Shaina...I love all your homemade gifts. When, seriously, did you ever find the time to do all that? And, didn't you just MOVE??? You really are wonder woman...did you made a super girl cape for yourself? You should! :)