Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas

We had a lovely Christmas by ourselves. We started off Christmas Eve with our traditional candlelight ham dinner. The kids loved the Sparkling Cider that we had.

After dinner, we all got into our jammies and took our Christmas Eve picture. We only had two that came out nicely, and this was one of them.

Then, because the kids were good for me all day as I was cooking, everyone got to open one gift on Christmas eve. Kamy and Georgie got a tutu. Heath got a new cell phone. Keaton got a bowling bunnies game that I made, and Kolby got some Star Wars Action figurines. I got an interchangeable wall hanging for every month of the year.

Afterwards, we talked about the true Christmas Story, then we tracked Santa and had pie and hot chocolate, Kolby sprinkled out food on the lawn for the reindeer and we set out some cookies and milk for Santa....the kiddos went to bed. They actually fell asleep rather quickly.

In the morning, the kids were pleased that Santa left them a note. They were just as pleased by the book sets that each of them got in their stockings.

We spent the rest of the day playing games, watching Mama Mia, and eating scones at our friend's house. It was a really nice day. I'll show you pictures of what the kids got later.

8 comments:

kdaygirl said...

I love it all!!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Sounds like a really fun time! I like the matching pajamas! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas!

Simply-Mel said...

Thanks for sharing! I plan to start some of your traditions next year....we just need to BE AT HOME for once!

Jenni said...

CUTE family picture!!! Your dinner table looks beautiful!!! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!

Kim Watson said...

It sure sounds as if you guys had a perfect Christmas. I love the note from Santa...now why didn't I think of something like that?
The matching PJ's definitely make for cute photo's...hugs to you all!
X

Adri said...

Shaina...fun to find your blog! You are welcome to come smell the baby's head anytime! :)

Ande said...

I love all your pictures. All the food sounds yummy.

I'm Always Rite said...

You guys are so Norman Rockwell! :)