Monday, December 29, 2008

Watch out for FIRE BOY!


Well, I'm not sure what his name is. Maybe Son of Sun, or Flamethrower, or Lava Kid.
Whatever you want to call Kolby, it'll be short lived because this cool costume isn't for him. Kolby was invited to a birthday party for one of his friends that is in his class at school, as well as his class at church. It will be a superhero party.
Kolby already has a cool cape that my mom made him a few years ago. I thought it was about time I learned how to make a cape so we could give it to Kolby's friend for his birthday present.
We went to the store today, in search of a cool spiderman, batman, or superman material. We could not find anything. I was almost ready to just get him a toy, when I saw the flame material. I thought that would make a cool cape. Not every kid has a flame cape, afterall!
So Kolby is modeling it for you, but it will soon be wrapped up to give away. I think boys have it made. I wish I could walk around all day in my supercape. I'd leave out the spandex leggings, though. Not very flattering, even with a cape to hide my backside.

9 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

That is a great birthday present! I'm glad Kolby is making new friends! I'm sure his new friend will love his cape. This kind of gift helps kids use their imaginations!

You are a great mom!!!

I'm Always Rite said...

Oh, I like "Son of Sun"! :)
Is there anything you can't do?

Sharon said...

cool na- you seamstress!

BrittanyLane said...

Fun pictures. What a great idea! I've done the cape thing before but never with a matching mask. My kids would eat that up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the darling purse. My girlies are fighting over it, but I'm thinkin' I just might keep it for myself. Superior workmanship! I'm very impressed.

Ande said...

what a cute idea. I love it. I wish I were as creative as you, I need to start doing more of that. :)

Nanna said...

I remember when Mom made those sweet capes for the boys! I wanted a pillowcase out of the material but Mom wouldn't let me have it.

I love seein' what you make! Can't wait to see what comes up next!

Colleen said...

What a great cape! And a wonderful idea for a birthday present...what fun!

Stacey said...

Awesome gift idea!!! I love the material!

Shavonne said...

Super cute! Look out, it's "Flame Boy!" I love the last picture where he's trying to fly or whatever. It turned out so well!!