Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Gonna Go For It!

So, I was thinking about the Etsy store all day yesteday, and couldn't come up with much of what was my own design. The dolls, crayon rolls, journal books, skirts....they all came from a pattern, so I couldn't sell them as my own. However, last night, as I was going to sleep, all these things started popping into my head. Things that were of my own design. Tutus and supercapes, bird's nests, gift bags, baby blankets, my Journey to Forever sign, finger puppets, children's artwork holder, bracelets, and a few more. So I'm going to start crafting and see how much inventory I can come up with. A few things might be more seasonal in nature, so I'll have to wait on those, but I am excited!



Thanks for your input and support. When I get my store up and running, you better believe I'll have a big giveaway to spread the word. By the way....any ideas on what to name my new shop?

17 comments:

The Mitchells said...

What a crafty momma you are. You should totally do it. Your store will be awesome, and with 35 followers of your blog, I'm sure you'll have plenty of customers for your store. So I've been missing you, maybe we should have another play date, one where you don't have to cook for us this time. (Not that I don't LOVE your food, but you don't have to!)
Margaret

I'm Always Rite said...

Awesome! Can't wait!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

You should call your shop "crafty momma"

Queen of Chaos said...

You'll do great!

runningfan said...

How very ambitious of you! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Karen and Matt said...

SWEET!!! I was going to say you should call your shop Crafty Momma, but someone already said that. You are so crafty, and I totally love your ideas! Love all the recipes you have posted lately as well. When I get in the cooking mode again i will definately add them to the menu. Good luck! =)

kendra said...

You are just so creative. I love it. I need to hang out with you more so I can learn your secrets - like, for example, where do you find all the time for these things?!

I'm adding the mac and cheese recipe to the "meals I'm going to cook after pay day when I can go to the store" (ha ha, sadly, I'm not kidding we're having grilled cheese and tomato soup tonight)list!

Stacey said...

How exciting! I bet you will have tons of fabulous stuff in your store!

Nicki said...

That is so great! I like the Crafty Momma too but think you'll come up with something totally clever. Maybe Cleverly Crafted or Shockingly Shaina--OR NOT! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Colleen said...

That is so wonderful, Shaina! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

courtney said...

Have fun!

ronee said...

Not to be a total buzz kill..but they are going to put that children's act into place now. And anything intended for a child under the age of 13 will have to be tested. I know it sucks, since we make hair bows and other children items, but check it out. A lot of the etsy stores and stuff on ebay will have to be pulled off the market. Check it out!
Sorry if I am such a downer!
xoxo
ronee

shaina said...

Ronee, I heard about that too. It may change how I approach etsy, that's for sure.

ronee said...

My friend wrote about it. As she has an etsy store and makes a lot of things like you do. Check it out!
http://www.mythinkingchair.com/

Elise said...

I think your Etsy store would rock. So excited for you.

crystal wolf said...

I think it's a great idea, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Simply Shaina is what pops into my head.

Chloe said...

YAY! I'm excited to see what you put up there! Call it "Just Because I Make Stuff..."