Sunday, January 18, 2009

Peanut Butter Munchies


Mmm...Yummy!

I got this recipe a few years ago from This Site. They are a little more time consuming to make than your average cookie, but it's well worth the effort. Here goes.
..
In a large mixing bowl, combined these ingredients:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 stick softened butter
1 egg
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
..
Add in:
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
..
Stir until thoroughly combined and form into balls. You will have between 24 and 32 balls.
In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup peanut butter with 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Form into smaller balls, equal to the number you have of the chocolate mixture.
..
Slightly flatten your chocolate ball, place the peanut butter ball on top, and form the chocolate ball around the peanut butter ball. Repeat with the remaining balls of dough.
..
Place on a greased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten cookie with the bottom of a glass dipped in 2 Tbsp of white sugar. This will give the cookies a slight sprinkling of sugar on their tops. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, until the tops are slightly cracked. Remove from oven and cool. (Note: They don't need to cook for long. Trust me. 8 minutes is enough. Any longer, you will have a hard HARD cookie.)
..
I will try to post a recipe everyday this week. Stay tuned! (and please comment if you like the recipes!! It means a lot to me.)

17 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Oh man do those ever look tasty!!! I can't wait to buy the ingredients and make them!!!

Wow... she sews... she bakes... she hikes... I think you need your own cape! (smile)

Julee said...

I truly appreciate all the recipes you post, it makes this 'Mom' gig a whole lot easier! So thank you for making the effort to post so many good recipes...

kdaygirl said...

How late did u end up staying up to make these? Mine were quick and very tasty! I wanted one today when we got home from church but I resisted the beast!

Colleen said...

Those look awesome! I will have to give that recipe a try! Chocolate...peanut butter...how can you go wrong?

Sarah said...

Oh WOW these look yummy!

auntie said...

Those look yummy!! May have to whip up a batch on my extra day off tomorrow...

Trinette McCrary said...

Yummy cookies, thanks for the recipe. Great pictures. We love Garden of the Gods. It looks like you had fun.

Ande said...

You made these for a party once here. Man are they good. Can't wait to try making them myself.

runningfan said...

Um, those look way too good. Didn't I tell you we have way too many treats at this house????

Rayna said...

Ooh, gotta try those!

I'm Always Rite said...

Look yummy, but I have not been in the mood to really bake at all lately. Hmmm... Maybe I'll try these to get myself baking again. :)

LollyChops said...

This sounds crazy tasty!!!

oh man am I in trouble!

Stacey said...

Super cute hair!! Those cookies look yummy!

Shavonne said...

Oh man! I'm gonna have to make those, they look soooo good! I'm super excited that you are going to post a recipe everyday this week. I love all your recipes!

pearl said...

yummy ! (miam miam !)

Rebecca said...

That looks like MY kind of cookie. I may have to stray from my usual cinnamon oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that Mike always wants me to make. It looks worth the extra work.

ModernMom said...

2 of Hubbys fave things! I'll have to give these a try!