Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bits of Cooking

Doing some bits of cooking today...along with some bits of cleaning....along with some bits of babysitting...along with some bits of sewing...along with some bits of socializing. Got a busy day full of bits of stuff.

But before all that, I have a new recipe for you to try. I made it last night, and the husband couldn't stop raving about how much he loved it! I believe the words he used were: "This tops the chart!" "It's seasoned with perfection" "Oooh...this is sooooo goood!" "Man! This dinner is the best!"


So here it is.

Potato Alfredo
Peel and Cut about 8 potatoes into long strips (like steak fries)
...
Combine 1 chopped onion, 2 Tbsp melted butter, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp garlic, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, and 2 cups of cream in a bowl.
...
Add potatoes to cream mixture and thoroughly coat.
...
Place in a greased baking pan and bake uncovered for 1 hour, at 400 degrees, or until potatoes are cooked through. I loved that the top got brown and bubbly. Yummy.


And that's it folks. It tastes great. I simply served it with some baked chicken and corn and you'd have thought I made the world's fanciest food. Everyone loved it. (As a side note, I cooked the chicken the same time I cooked the potatoes. I just bumped up the heat to 425 degrees.)

11 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I'm glad you posted a picture because it makes me want to go buy cream and make this with dinner tonight! It looks amazing!

Have a great weekend doiing all your bits of this and that!!!

Jamie @ Dear Diary...

Shavonne said...

Yumm-O! That looks really good. I also want to go out and buy the stuff to make tonight, despite a recent grocery trip. How did the freezer meal marathon go?

Trinette McCrary said...

Looks yummy. I hope you have a good and not too crazy day.

Nicki said...

Uh, I just read that little incident at Ricks College--can you say Honor Code?!:) Glad you made it out of there with a degree:) I'm sure that's all part of the whole experience--I wish we would've known each other there. Those potatoes look divine!

auntie said...

you had me at "potato"...but adding "alfredo" helped! yummmmmy!

Stacey said...

Those potatoes sound YUMMY! I will have to try it when I get some more potatoes!!!

Colleen said...

That does sound good. Potatoes...cheese...how can you go wrong?!

Angie said...

That sounds super yummy!

Megan said...

That does look good and easy. I'll hve to try that for dinner tonight! I have all the ingredients on hand!

I'm Always Rite said...

Totally going to try this. Did you make it up? Sounds yummy! :)

Julie said...

I love trying recipes posted on blogs- the pictures always suck me in!

We had this for dinner tonight, with chicken added. It was a hit! Thank you for sharing.

I'm so excited that I can find some new delicious recipes and keep up with Kimble's latest news in one stop!