Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fresh Neck

I love writing down what I hear the kids say. Here are some tidbits from their life.

When Heath wrestles with Kolby, Heath likes to act like he's a wild animal scavenging for food. So he tells Kolby he wants some fresh meat, and he goes for his neck. I was in the other room and I heard Kolby say "Go get Kamyren! She has lots of fresh neck for you!"

Keaton wanted Kolby to do something for Heath, and after Keaton told Kolby what to do, Kolby replied "I'm not Daddy's Butler!"

I made Kolby stand in the corner the other day (it happens frequently...) and Kolby's frustratred reply was: "Well how long do I have to stand here this time? 13 years?"


I told all the kids to put their shoes on, when we were going out somewhere, and Keaton said " I do! I've been wearing my shoes since I put them on!"

Keaton spends a lot of time in the bathroom doing his hair. He likes to try to comb it over like Clark Kent. After he was done, he came to me and said "Mom, after I do my hair, I like to wet my finger and smooth it over my eyebrows to make them look handsome.


Kamy has been really interested in brushing her teeth lately. So now she comes to me and says "Mom. I really like when my teeth are white." Me too.

Since Christmas, Kamy's been writing in her journal that she got. She loves to read me what she wrote too. Last week, she wrote down that she had a great family. Then she wrote down all the names of her siblings, just in case she forgot later.
...

(Thank you for the sweet comments from yesterday! It really meant a lot to me. There are a lot of new faces out there. I look forward to getting to know you.)

11 comments:

Ande said...

O.K., the last post, I feel the same way. I never knew that you did too. Now I know why it took us so long to become friends. :) We are in the same boat. The quotes are so cute. I love reading your blog it makes me laugh. I can't wait for the girls weekend. I am planning on taking the kids to my moms house so that I can go worry free. :)

kdaygirl said...

I have been writing what my kids say in my journal. I want them to be able to read what silly things they said and laugh like I did. Cute pic of the boys! Tell kami that we love Juni B. Jones, the girls have read all of her books.

Jen Sue Wild said...

I always love what Kids have to say.
The other day Kadie asked Ben if he could bring her her phone and he said Kadie I am not your bringer.

Stacey said...

Those are all such cute things to record and remember!!

Trinette McCrary said...

KIDS SAY THE CUTEST THINGS. It was fun to read your chidrens cute comments.

Trinette McCrary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen said...

So cute! I love that kid language too. It is so nice to record it!

annaka said...

You seriously crack me up girl...too funny!

kendra said...

kids are so cute - the way they talk! I need to be better at writing that stuff down.

Oh, and about the last post, I TOTALLY feel the same way. It is a feeling I push down deep and try to ignore but I always feel like as soon as I leave people will talk about me. I always feel inadequate and intimidated. I know I've been misunderstood so many times and that really makes me sad. So, I know how you feel. Maybe all of us feel that way a little bit.
Just know that I've never heard one person say anything mean about you - it's always been great!

Shavonne said...

I just became a follower!

I'm Always Rite said...

You're kids are so cool! :) I wish my munchkins could hang out with them. They'd be unstoppable... Perhaps it's best that there are so many miles between them. :]