Saturday, February 7, 2009

Good Form; Bad Socks

Once a month, a small group of us get together at the church to play volleyball. It's the one sport I enjoy playing, and know the rules for. The kiddos play with their little friends in an adjoining room, and the adults play a few wicked games of volleyball.



Last night, Heath came downstairs, ready to go, and I couldn't help but notice his black dress socks adorning his shins. I firmly suggested that he wear his little white anklet socks, but just as firmly, he declined the suggestion. So I resorted to the only thing I could think of. I told him I'd bring my camera to take pictures...thus putting them up on the blog for all to see. He still refused to change.
So I made fun of his socks the entire night. If he missed a shot, I'd say "Oh..too bad. But your socks are holding up nicely." Or if he overshot a serve, I'd say "Wow..those socks sure give you extra speed!" Or maybe that speed came from the super cape that he wrestled away from Kolby.

Nevertheless, it was a fun night.

9 comments:

I'm Always Rite said...

At least he wasn't wearing sandals with those black dress socks. ;)

PS I loved Rescue Dawn! I watched it with Superman some time last year. Fantastic! :) I don't have Netflix, sorry. I'm a Blockbuster renter. :]

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

ummmmmmmmm......reminds me of my Dad (68 years old) when we went to Hawaii. Black socks, white tennies!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I'm disappointed... why didn't he wear the eye mask to match FLAME CAP?

Heath, ditch the black socks next time! Go with whities!!!

Megan said...

That is a bad look. It might be ok if they were actually athletic socks but not dressy black socks. Definitely a no no! I love playing volleyball still. We do it every so often but not enough. I miss my old ward/stake that played on Thursday nights.

runningfan said...

Love it! Not quite as embarrassing as a senior picture, but close.

Heath said...

They are athletic socks, Shaina just doesn't like them so she calls them dress socks but they are thick cotton socks that I got from Tarje.

Rebecca said...

I'm jealous you get together to play volleyball. It is by far my favorite sport. And I would never play wearing black socks, sport or not. It definitely warrants a little teasing.

Jessica said...

There's something about guys and their black church socks! They think they can be worn with anything! :0)

The Mitchells said...

Aww, they're not THAT bad!