Friday, February 13, 2009

"Good Girl, Momma!"

This week, Georgie has been a very attentive mommy to her babies. She likes to carry them around in her little backpack, or wrapped up in her arms with a soft blankie. She calls them her "babies" or "my gurrls" Yesterday, she had two babies strapped to her backpack. She's very attentive with them.
...
Georgie also likes to crawl up on the counter to help me cook. Most of the time, though, she helps make a big mess! I was making some bread earlier this week, and she sat up on the little ledge in front of the sink (she has great "caveman-squatting balance") and just sat there, watching the bread rise. Oh, and she never wants to wear clothes. She kicks them off as soon as we come in the house from running errands, or taking Kolby to school.
.


When she does something nice, or good, or helpful, I always say "Good girl!". Lately, I've noticed her saying that to me now. On Wednesday, I was cracking an egg into my meatloaf mixture, and she said "Good girl, momma!". When I got done sweeping the floor, she said "Good girl, momma!" and when I put her hair in cute little piggies, she says "Good girl, momma!" I feel like I have my very own personal cheerleader. It's nice to get recognized for the little things....even if it is cracking an egg!

9 comments:

kdaygirl said...

What a good Momma to take care of those babies like that, and to watch over your bread too? Although my heart would have stopped when I saw her "perched" like that on such a small area. She is totally a monkey in tighty whities!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Aweee I love that little girl!
I miss her;(

Don't for get to stop by for my giveaway.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Awwwww that is so sweet!!! You are a good girl!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
~Jamie @ Dear Diary...

courtney said...

I think when you get recognized for those little things, it helps to rejuvinate you. So many days of demanding this and demanding that, when one of your little kids says, Thanks, or good girl momma, it helps your realize that what you are doing is worthwhile!

LollyChops said...

What a cute pic of her with her babies!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Colleen said...

Gorgie is sure a cutie! That picture on the sink is priceless!

Karen and Matt said...

Aweee what a sweet heart. She is so cute! You are a very good girl! =)

Megan said...

So cute! I love when Mia calls me Momma like that! I wish we lived close I think our baby girls would be good friends.

I'm Always Rite said...

Hey, not everyone can crack and egg properly. :] It is so nice to be appreciated. When he's pleased with something I've done Little Man tells me I am "the best Mom in the entire existence and non-existence..." I think that's a good thing. :)