Sunday, February 8, 2009

Home-Cooked Fast Food


We like to have theme dinners a lot. We have Mexican and Italian at least once a week. We have breakfast for dinner all the time. Tonight, we had Home-Cooked Fast Food. We cooked up tater tots, hamburgers, hot dogs, soda pop, and oranges (gotta fit something healthy in there, right?)


We have these fun baskets to put their meal into, and everyone got a straw to drink their soda with. I think that was their favorite part, because it's not often that we buy soda. The only thing missing from their kids' meals was a toy. Oh well. They have plenty of those already. Here's the breakdown on what everyone likes on their burgers.

Heath, Kamy, and Keaton like the works. Anything you put in front of them...they want on their burger.
Kolby requests a plain burger with pepperjack cheese.
Georgie wants a burger with mustard, ketchup, and lettuce.
I want mayo, lots of lettuce, and avacado on mine.

The kids even tried to roast their hot dogs over the fire. However, after standing there for about 30 seconds, their arms got too hot. We ended up nuking them in the microwave after that.


Besides food, I've got a few tempting morsels to come on my blog. As soon as my friend Heidi gives me pictures from our "High School Reunion" party that we had Saturday, I'll post some pictures of us dancing the night away. Think "Thriller!"
Also, today I made a really cute purse (of my own design!). The pattern isn't ready for distribution right now, as I'm not happy with the final design yet, but I'll show you how it turned out after I take some pictures of it in the daylight.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

Looks like a great way to spice up a meal. And it looks like all the kids loved it!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I don't think your house is ever boring! I love the fast food dinner night!

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and the new purse!

Jamie
www.oktxok.blogspot.com

runningfan said...

The baskets and the straws...you're one cool mommy.

Kim said...

It looks like such fun...you are such a cool Mom you know!! I have just seen runningfans comment...we are thinking the same thing here.
:o) :o)

Stacey said...

Where'd you get those cool baskets? Do you just use wax paper in them? What a fun idea!!! I love it!

shaina said...

I got the baskets from some kitchen outlet store, I believe. We just line them with a napkin.

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun dinner. I'll have to try that sometime.

I'm Always Rite said...

What a fun dinner! :) I bought us black hard plastic lunch trays at Target last year when we were homeschooling. I should totally whip those out and have a school lunch themed dinner. :)