Monday, February 16, 2009

Makin' More Stuff...

This Batboy spends his time hanging from tree branches in the snow. He enjoys flying around in his super-duper (removable) cape and keeps the ladies guessing his identity by wearing his black mask (also removable). Underneath his masked persona, he is just a simple WEE WONDERFUL little boy with a few minor tweaks in his pattern to extend his hands and feet in order for his bat boots and gloves to look appropriate. He was made for a friend's 5th birthday, and even with all his many sewing flaws, I hear he was welcomed with open arms.

This week, I want to make this cute WASP BAG purse. Anyone want to join me?

9 comments:

Heath said...

Good job babes you are such a good writer. And if I do say it kind of reminds me of myself a bit. At least the cape and mask part.

Lola....L..O..L..A....lo--oh--luh! said...

I've been wanting to make that bag for a LONG time! I'll give it a shot. Maybe I can make it for tha wedding I'm going to this weekend!

Colleen said...

That Batman rocks! I can only imagine how extremely loved he is by the birthday boy. And I am stressing out about the aprons too much...every new bit of info that comes in about how to make them makes me sweat. Maybe if they come out being easier than they seem I will move on to making extremely cute bags with you, because I love them all!

runningfan said...

Tyler definitely loves Batman, although Gavin has adopted him as his own. :)

Ande said...

you are so good. I need to start trying new things

The Brewers said...

Cayson wants a batboy...and the purse is super cute!

Shavonne said...

Batman turned out great! You are so good at adapting sewing patterns!

I'm Always Rite said...

What a great doll! :) Love the purse too! I might join you in making one. I still haven't whipped out my sewing machine to copy some of your and Jenn's projects. Plus also, Superman got me the coolest sewing basket that I am just dying to use! :)

April said...

Andrew would love one a batman doll, you did an awesome job! I'll maybe have to see if I can make one too. The bag is very nice I don't think I could give it justice and I have too many projects to finish to add another one!