Monday, February 2, 2009

Random Things About Me

Were you named after anyone?
My mom combined two different names that she liked to form my name.

When was the last time you cried?
I don't cry very often, but the last time I cried was in October, when we had just moved here, and I had pneumonia,bronchitis, and laryngitis. I was so sick.

Do you like your own handwriting?
HATE it. I wish I could take a penmanship class to make it better.

What is your favorite lunch meat?
I love leftover turkey or chicken on a sandwich. I do not like deli sliced meat.

Do you have kids?
Sure do.

If you were another person, would you hang out with yourself?
I really do think so. We'd get along great.

Do you use sarcasm?
Probably too much.

Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes. I've never had any kind of surgery or broken bones.

Would you bungee jump?
Yes....over water. Just in case.

What is your favorite cereal?
I never eat cereal.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I don't. I hate wearing shoes, so I kick them off as soon as I get inside.

Favorite ice cream?
Vanilla ice cream with big chunks of peanut butter and chocolate.

What is the first thing you notice about people?
Oh...I guess how they present themselves. If they portray friendliness or if they are standoff-ish.

What languages do you know?
I'm really good at speaking English! I also know Sign Language.

What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
I HATE that I look mad when I'm not smiling.

Who do you miss the most?
My family (including my big sister, my bff)

What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now?
I am wrapped in my big terry cloth robe. Haven't taken a shower yet. When I get dressed, I will wear jeans...but no shoes.

What did you have for dinner last night?
Tacos. The husband made it for us.

What are you listening to right now?
Kolby just said "Mom..you are the best mom ever...when you cook cookies"

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I think red or orange. Something bright.

Favorite smells?
A newborn baby.

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Heath...last night. He needed directions, which is all too familiar.

Favorite sports to watch?
Synchronized swimming. It fascinates me. It's all so...synchronized. And as closely as I watch, I still can't figure out when they take breaths!

What is your hair color and eye color?
Green eyes and brown hair with hints of red.

Do you wear contacts?
Not anymore. I got Lasik a few years ago. Best thing ever.

Favorite food?
Mashed potatoes.

Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings. Although I love a good suspense movie.

Last movie you watched?
Rescue Dawn

What is a missed opportunity or regret you have?
Not taking writing or publishing classes in college.

What is something that most people don't know about you?
I am terrified of going to the Dentist.

Hugs or kisses?
Both. Keaton is my most affectionate child, and he is constantly giving me hugs and kisses.

Favorite dessert?
Tyler Florence's Frozen Peanut Butter Cups, posted on my blog.

Most embarrassing moment?
I really don't get embarrassed that easily. I can't think of one.

Favorite high school memory?
Don't have a favorite memory from high school, except the day I met my friend Bethany.

What book are you reading now?
Outlander

What is on your mouse pad?
Don't have one. Just a red manila folder that we put the mouse on to keep it moving freely.

What did you watch on tv last night?
TV was off. I read my book.

Favorite sounds?
Baby giggles. It's contagious.

What is the farthest you have been from home?
South Carolina

What is one of your New Years Resolutions?
To "ENJOY" my family more.

How did you meet your spouse?
We knew each other in High School, but were only friends until 4 years later when a random phone call changed everything.

9 comments:

The Girls' Mom said...

I'm so happy to be apart of your favorite High School memory! It is for sure a good one! Love YA

Sara said...

Fun read, Shaina! How do you like Outlander so far? It's not for everyone, but I've read the entire series, and they are almost definitely some of my favorite books! (I hope you've been warned about the incredibly disturbing part in Outlander--be prepared. I think it's the worst thing I've ever read, even though it's not very graphic.) I still love love LOVE those books!

Kim Watson said...

What a great read my friend! Sorry I have been so quiet lately, I have missed your sense of humor & stories of your lovely family.
I have had so much PP stuff to do, I had to chose my priorities and blogging lost! :-)

Now tell me how was Lost? I can't watch it the internet, they know I'm not American by my ip address & throw me out~ heehee. I'll have to wait until it comes on DVD.
Well hugs to you all.
XXXX

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Now I want tacos and ice cream... Would that be an acceptable lunch?

Colleen said...

Very cool! I do not love shoes either, unless they are flip flops, and I really like the Outlander series! A little racy, but...so good! Although I agree with Sara on the disturbing part, be warned!

auntie said...

mmm...mashed potatoes! my favorite food also.

Rebecca said...

Interesting stuff...so when was the last time you went to the dentist? I love going to the dentist. I love how clean my teeth feel when I get home.

Jo Buckner said...

I love your Randomness! I might have to post some of my randomness on my blog...if you don't mind!

I'm Always Rite said...

OKay, what Breaking Dawn movie did you see? Because the only one I found on IMDB.com doesn't seem your stle. :\ Hmmm...