Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Who Am I?


Last night, Kamy was in charge of our Family Home Evening. She came up with a game for us to play. She cut out little squares of paper and wrote a name on each one. Then, without looking at it, we each taped the paper to our foreheads. Then we played sort of "20 questions" to find out who we were.
...
Kolby is not very good at secrets. Because he can't read yet, we had to tell him what the name said. His way of giving a hint, is to say the name with exaggerated slowness. For example, Keaton's name was Hannah Montana. Kolby said: "Here's a hint. It's Hhhhh-aaaaaa-nnnnnn-uuuuuhhhhh MMMM-oooooo-nnn-ttt-aaaaaa-nnnuuuhhh" Gee. Thanks Kolby.
...
Georgie's name was Snow White. We gave her hints that it was a princess....who liked apples....who was beautiful.....who lived with 7 dwarfs... Well, she loved the princess part, and even after we told her it was Snow White, she said "NO! I a Georgie Pwincess." So she was Georgie Pwincess for the rest of the night.
...
I was "Pooh Bear". Kamy was "Momma" Heath was "Georgie" (correction..Georgie Pwincess), and Kolby was "Poe" from Kung Fu Panda.
...
And this, friends, was my favorite picture of the night.

12 comments:

kdaygirl said...

Kami told me about that game the other day and it sounded fun. I thought that she would pick people from the scriptures for FHE. I told her we were gonna try it too. The pic of Heath and Georgie is precious!

Trinette McCrary said...

Looks like you had fun. That is such a great game. Thanks for sharing.

courtney said...

That is really sweet of Heath and George! The is a good game to play! I agree with Kim, I thought it was going to be scripture names, but the kids would have more hints to give witht the people Kamy chose. Very cool!

shaina said...

It would have been more of a lesson if kamy had chosen scripture names. I agree. We'll have to do that next time.

Jen Sue Wild said...

We love this game We play it all the time for FHE..

It is fun to do it with scripture characters. But I liked The way Kami did it I think it was sweet..

Ande said...

I bet she had a good time making up the game. Looks like fun. I do love the pic of Heath and Georgie. Guess what? Erin is pregnant, she called me the other night to tell me. I thought you would want to know.

kendra said...

Oh fun! I love when my kids do the family home evening lesson. We usually end up playing sharades and reading a Friend story when they choose.

Don't worry about "scripture names" sometimes you gotta just have family fun time - we went to Chuck E Cheese last night for our Family Night - no scripture names there!

The Mitchells said...

What a fun family home evening. We really need to start doing that, I think its time.
Margaret

Stacey said...

That is soooo funny that he sounded out the names slowly!!! LOL WHat a fun night!

Marielle said...

What a grat game. I will ask one of my girls to make cards like this. Love the last picture

I'm Always Rite said...

What a fun activity! Go Kami! Have you seen the episode of The Office where Michael tries this for diversity day? Cracked me up! :]

auntie said...

what a fun game to play with your family! and the pics are great :)