Saturday, March 7, 2009

...By the End of the Year

My goal by the end of the year is to organize my recipes. I have so many, in a variety of formats, just begging to be organized. Really. I hear their caloric little voices saying things like "You like chicken don't you? Come find me. I'm under this pile of 26 inches worth of Taste at Home Magazines, on page 31." or "Remember me? You use to make me all the time. We were good together. You just need to find me again!"

Not only that, but there are many recipes that I don't have memorized, and I have to constantly look through my piles of clippings and notes, in order to find the one I want. Luckily, some of my favorites are posted on my blog, and I'm always bringing up one of my recipes, and then scribbling the measurements on a torn piece of paper so I can bring it into the kitchen with me, and finish making whatever it is that I'm making.

I know it's an improbability that I will get through ALL of these books and magazines filled with wonderful, delightful, recipes, but I hope to get through enough to make a super cool recipe book for myself.

I am going to make a blurb recipe book. I'm so excited about it. I'm in the process of making a blog book from my entries through the end of 2008, but this recipe book will be different. It will be a cookbook. So, because blurb lets you make as many books as you want, I was wondering if anyone else would want to order a copy of my recipe book as well. Just putting feelers out there, to see what you thought. It's not even started yet, but it will feature all the recipes already posted on my blog, as well as a plethora of new recipes.

So, you interested?

13 comments:

Xazmin said...

That sounds so much like my recipe system! I would love a copy of your recipe book.

window into our life of love, joy, and adventures! said...

I had to chuckle! I have the same recipe keeping/retrieving system going on here! I also have wanted to organize my treasures! I would love to have a copy of your book since I often am one of those scribblers jotting down your recipes onto anything I can find to run into the kitchen to make a wonderful dish!

Karen and Matt said...

I need to organize my recipes. I would so love a copy of your recipe book!!!! =)

Betsy said...

I think this is a great idea. I wish I enjoyed being in the kitchen, but I do just about anything I can do get out of there. :0) Blurb is new to me, though, what a cool site!

Trinette McCrary said...

Yes, I would love to buy one of your books. Thanks for the idea. I have always wanted to put a recipe book together. I think that I will do the same and give away as Christmas presents to my family. Hope you don't mind me taking your idea!!!

Jessica said...

I would love one!

Amy said...

I would love one too! Are you going to include pictures?!

BrittanyLane said...

Sign me up! I want one.

runningfan said...

Yes, definitely interested. Before you offered, I was going to ask.

Shavonne said...

I'm down!!!!!

Megan said...

I want one if it has pictures. I need a picture of the finished product so I can tell if I'm doing it right. Good luck with all that organization too. I've been wanting to do the same thing although I can tell you have far more recipes to go through than I do.

Heidi said...

I would love to have a copy to thanks!!!!

dippyrooroo said...

I absolutely want one! And then I need to make one of my own!