Thursday, March 26, 2009

Do You Think...

Do you think that if I forced the kids to stay in a 4x4 square foot space that I made by taping duct tape to the floor, that my house would stay clean? I mean, it's not my mess that I see everywhere. I don't drag my blankets downstairs to watch cartoons (even though the t.v. is supposed to be off limits). I don't kick my shoes off underneath the kitchen table. I don't try to sneak cereal in the hood of my sweatshirt, so I can eat it later, while hiding in my bedroom closet. I don't leave my coats and gloves outside on the fence so the squirrels can run away with them. I don't wipe toothpaste all over the bathroom mirrors. I definitely don't pee in my bed and then try to disguise it by adding every other blanket in the house on top of it.

So, if I forced them to stay in their duct tape square, do you think I would have a clean house?

11 comments:

MrsShepard said...

I would LOVE to see if that works. If so, I am so running out to buy some duct tape. :)

Christie said...

If it works, let me know. :D

courtney said...

Sounds like you need a break, we can provide a place for you, come on over! :)

Julee said...

My hubby put it best, "now remember your raising children, not a house!" ;) I hope that helps!

Megan said...

Don't worry. I think all of us have the same problems. I won't judge your messy house if you don't judge mine!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

It if only takes a roll of duct tape to have a clean house, then I'm buying a roll today!!!!

I'm Always Rite said...

I would love to see you try!

Have you seen that episode of Recess where the mean teacher lady puts the kid in the square for time out? It drives him nuts! :)

dippyrooroo said...

I think you'd have to continue with the duct tape and wrap it all the way around their little bodies and around their little mouths, and that's about the only way it would work. But I'm pretty sure that would make you a bully mom, if you did that. I'll ask Griffin to be sure.

Pam said...

Can I put my dear hubby in one too???

Oh honey, wheres the duct tape???

He he he

Pam

LollyChops said...

How about you cover them in duct tape.. and everything they walk by will stick to them.. that's one way to keep the place clean right?

The Brewers said...

does the duct tape come with a shock collar...just kidding!