Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hiking Again

I took the kids hiking yesterday to Garden of the Gods. We met up with some friends there and had a picnic lunch first. After eating, Georgie insisted that she had to go potty, even though it hadn't even been an hour since I had taken her right before we left. Anyway, the restrooms that were right by the picnic site were closed. I tried to get Georgie to go in the bushes, but she absolutely refused. As much as she was squirming around, she would not let me help her squat to go potty. "No Momma. It hurt my bum. I no go potty!" She got a little tickle from a plant across her bum, and it ruined everything. She would not go.

So, we loaded up in the van and drove all the way around the park until we got to the Visitor's Center, where we made everyone go potty, just for insurance.

Then we took off hiking again, starting at a different trail than we've been before. That's the nice thing about this place. You can pick a new exploration site everytime you go. However, it wasn't long before a familiar scene happened again....


"Momma! I have to go potty!" It wasn't one hour since she had gone. I told her she had to hold it. She squirmed and squirmed for half an hour. Finally, I realized if we waited any longer, she was going to have an accident. So we left. It was still a nice hike, though.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Young kids and the bathroom, that's always fun. You just never know how urgent it really is. My kids always seem to need to stop way too often while on long driving trips to CA.

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Poor baby girl. I'm sure she didn't really want to have to go that often. It looks like your boy is quite strong pushing on that large rock. I got a kick out of that picture.

I had a manicure this morning and guess I had too much smoothie beforehand, cuz I ended up in the potty twice while there. Kinda embarrassing, but when you gotta, ya gotta.

Ande said...

I would go hiking all the time too with all that beauty!!! :)

thereddeer said...

The things I have to look forward to with my daughter :P

kdaygirl said...

poor Georgie!!!

Cant wait to go hiking there, it just keeps looking better and better each time you guys go.

I'm Always Rite said...

Wow, that last pic of Georgie is total blackmail material and will come in quite handy when you and Heath aren't ready for her to date yet. :)

Emily said...

Seriously hilarious pictures....