Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Little Herbs

For Heath's Valentine's gift, last month, I planted him a little herb garden. It's been almost a month and they are growing well. Not sure how long it will be until we can use them, but we are enjoying having some greenery in our house, and the kids love seeing how much the little plants have grown every day. We really can see a difference, day to day, and it's been fun. The window over our kitchen sink gets great light, so it's been like a little greenhouse for them.


Kamy's birthday is today! She turns nine. I told her we only had 4 candles, so she'd have to be four this year. She scrunched up her nose and said "Momma!!". So I guess I need to go find 5 more candles. More on her birthday in tomorrow's post, but I wanted to share a book report she did last week. Her teacher loved her drawing. To this day, Kamy will still prefer to sit and draw over anything else. Anyway, I thought the drawing was pretty fun too. Great job, Kamy!

6 comments:

Heath said...

I love that herb garden. Thanks Babes.

Kim said...

I love growing herb too...but your is far more stylish, I think it is that gorgeous chicken guarding the pots!
Very well done Kamy...an 'A'...woohoo! a great achievement.

dippyrooroo said...

I want an herb garden!

Holmes Home said...

Happy Birthday Kamy! I still remember her in Kindergarten at Travis - my, how time flies!

Colleen said...

We have some basil to plant. I need to get on it! Having the fresh herbs will be so nice. Happy Birthday to Kamy!

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday, you big nine year old. I hope your mom found 5 more candles to do the years justice:) Shaina, I love the fun and flirty apron--It made me so sad to see the fun time being had at your girls night. LOVE THOSE!! This is Nicki