Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Blog Book

I got it!! I'm so excited about my blog book. I used BLURB and it was really easy to turn my blog into a book. Since I started my blog in the middle of 2007, I made my first book from 2007 through 2008. My next book will just cover my blog posts for 2009, and so on.

Using the Blurb software that you download onto your computer, you follow the steps to "slurp" your blog posts into the software, and from there you tweak each page to look how you want it to look. It lets you know if the picture isn't good enough quality for the size you chose, and so you make it smaller. It moves text to another page if it has gone over the formatting for that page. It's pretty easy to work with.

Once you have your book how you want it, blurb uploads all your work, and within a week, you have a hardbound copy of your blog in your eager little hands. I think that's pretty cool. My book is 8 1/2 x 11 size, it has 388 pages and is hardback. Some of my blog posts took up a few pages, and some were short enough that I could squeeze a few posts on the same page. All in all, I love my blog book. I encourage any of you who have blogs, to get it in print. It was economical, and the print quality is good. Basically, if your picture is good quality, it will print in good quality.
It even got a good rating from the husband. Now that's quality! I'm going to use the same site to make my cookbook. After it's made, I'll post the link and if you want to buy a copy of my cookbook, you can get it directly from blurb.

18 comments:

kendra said...

Looks great. I think my next one will be bigger- I used the landscape 8 x 10 and I like the look of yours better.

Are you liking your hair a little more? I really hope so...

Jen Sue Wild said...

How super fun!!
So is it soft bound or hard bound?

Megan said...

That's awesome. I didn't realize you could make pictures the whole page like that! I need to get back to work on mine.

Tonya said...

That's so great! I only started a blog so I could remember things about my kids so this is a perfect idea.

And the cookbook sounds awesome!

runningfan said...

I'm glad yours turned out so well! I'm in love with mine, too.

Erica Hettwer said...

That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing? I'd like to do something like that but if it's rather expensive, I may have to wait a while. :D

purejoy said...

wow what a great idea. i wrote a blog last year when i took a group of girls to china on a mission trip. what a great momento for the team!

Nancy W said...

How Awesome! I've had a book done before but not of my blog! How Sweet is that! Thanks for sharing!

dippyrooroo said...

That looks so great! I just may have to do one of those myself. Thanks for the info!

I'm Always Rite said...

Wow! That is really cool! I'll have to look into doing mine when I'm feeling a bit better. :) You are so Wonder Woman! :)

SarahB said...

Looks great! What a wonderful keepsake for your family!

Pam said...

That is so cool. I will have to check it out!

LollyChops said...

That IS cool Shaina! I cannot wait until you put the cookbook out!!!!!

courtney said...

Cool, it looks great, but what do you mean by economical? How much exactly?

Rachel C. said...

I did a family history blog to book project last year! It was so much fun and so easy! I had everyone submit their stories on a family blog, and then I slurped them from the blog into the book!

The Perfect Trio said...

I love it!!! I would love to know what it cost for that many pages...melissa
jakemelissajakea@aol.com

Kim said...

Oh my goodness...it looks amazing, and so 'store bought' looking! What an amazing concept, your family are going to read it over & over again, I just know it. I read about Blurb in Creating Keepsakes & thought' I must check them out' but seeing it like this is even better.

Glad to see you are all so well. I love looking at your happy faces on my screen, sorry I have been a BAD,BAD blogger lately! I might not comment all the time, but I think of you every day.
Hugs
Kim

jkerbe1 said...

Shaina,
That's so cool. What did it cost? Can you make a book by just uploading pictures or does it have to be a blog? Contact me on facebook or email. Talk soon.
Suzanne