Monday, March 23, 2009

Rescue Me

You know those shows on t.v. where the beautiful and flawless host searches the busy department store high and low, looking for an unsuspecting frumpy person, who is usually an overrun and rather homely looking mom (who probably wasn't feeling so cute, but had to leave the house so she could accomplish a few necessary things before she went back home to finish her never ending and thankless chores), and with a camera in her face, tells her that she looks terrible, and lucky for her, she is about to get the star treatment in an all expense paid makeover, complete with new clothes, hairstyle, makeup, and a boost of self confidence.

Today, I wish that person was me.

13 comments:

ronee said...

OMW...me too! I today, had to go to the mall looking like crud!
oh well..no one came running up to me!

Jen Sue Wild said...

I think we all have those days.

Love ya..

Nan said...

Oh man I love those shows! I've always wished I could be picked!

Rebecca said...

It seems like every time I have to run to the store looking my absolute worst is when I run into someone I know. Whenever I actually get dress with full makeup and hair, I don't see anyone. How come that always happens? I really want to be on one of those shows but then I think there are at least a few people need it more than me.

kdaygirl said...

Go read your poster!

Megan said...

I am feeling that way today too. After 2 weeks of sick kids and early never getting completely "beautified" for the day I am left feeling frumpy and blah. At least I have a doctors appointment for Collin to get dressed up for tomorrow. I thought in the last pictures I saw of you (like the ones of you posted on facebook at that Elders quorum party) you looked super cute and stylish. I like your shirt in that picture. I think it was polka dots.

thereddeer said...

I hear ya!

sarasophia said...

I would obediently follow said camera man and gorgeous host, hoping to be led to a salon containing a pedicure station.

Oo la la...the drudgery.

<3 sarasophia--just found your blog and LOVE!

Cherie said...

I can relate - too funny!

Trinette McCrary said...

Silly girl!! I know what you mean though.

runningfan said...

You're funny. But I'm totally with you!

Nancy W said...

Your posts always make me smile! If you get a chance to stop by my blog I'm having a giveaway. hugs from Conroe, TX!

Nicki said...

I hear you there--as long as they promised not to take me to a base salon;)