Friday, March 13, 2009

(SUB)stitute Dinner

Heath here. Or, maybe it is just Shaina, channelling the husband, and trying to type with masculinity, but at any rate, one of us is here to tell you how to make a Meatball Sub Pizza.

First, take some pre-made meatballs (this is a super easy recipe. Go with the pre-made meatballs) and cook them in the oven for about 20 minutes on 400 degrees. Take them out and chop them up a bit.

Next, take your hoagie rolls, open them up, and drizzle the insides of them with olive oil, generously. Broil these in your oven for a few minutes, until lightly brown.

Top the bread with meatballs, and then top that with cheese. We used mozzarella cheese. Put them back under the broiler until the cheese is brown and bubbly.

Remove them from the oven, and turn it off. You are done broiling. Top your hoagie bread pizzas with a desired amount of heated marinara sauce. From here, you can eat it like a pizza, or you can top it with a plain toasted top half of the hoagie and eat it like a sub sandwich. Your choice. Either way, it's dang good. Feel free to add your variations to this recipe. Enjoy.

3 comments:

dippyrooroo said...

That sounds yummy! And if Heath can make it, maybe James can too!

Heath said...

Hey I'm a good cook too. I love to eat and try to figure out how to make what I like. In fact I make a some things that Shaina makes even better with my own twist of course which usually involves more intense spices and flavors (just ask the kids). And I make a lot of sauces.
I've had James' grilled chicken before and he does a really good job with it, and I think your dishes are really good too Dippy and I wish we could have another cook over like we used too.

I'm Always Rite said...

Sounds yummy! :) Definitely going to try it! :)