Friday, March 13, 2009

Super Cape Saves The Day!

The kids are invited to birthday parties all the time. Usually, unless I personally know the birthday boy/girl, we decline the invitation. However, this was Keaton's third birthday party that he has been invited to, and I felt bad telling him "no" again, when Kolby has gotten to go to three in the past two months. So even though I don't know his friend Eli, Keaton gets to go to a birthday party tomorrow. It's happening at the same time as Kamy's tea party, so it works out nicely.


This time, the cape looks like Merlin's Magician Cape. It's a little shorter than the normal capes I make, because I had a bugger of a time getting the slippery silver material to stay straight when I was cutting it! All he needs now, is a tall pointy Wizard Hat...which I am NOT making.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Whatever Miss Crafty. . . you know you're going to break down and make him a fabulour matching hat! and again . . . I am so impressed that you get so much done. Can you come to my house and teach me to be crafty and still make a delicious dinner?

Ande said...

I am the same way with birthday parties. We get invited to so many it is crazy. I love the capes though, can you do a post on how to make one. In simple terms because I have a hard time with directions. I am a visual learner. :)

Rebecca said...

I can't believe you make so many homemade gifts to give away. I make so few that I have a hard time parting with them.

I'm Always Rite said...

Wonder Woman! I really need your and Wild Jen's sewing zeal!