Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Bad Luck Day

Kamy had a terrible fall on the way home from school yesterday. She doesn't remember tripping, but she must've landed on her face because she is terribly scraped up. Her eye has the makings of a shiner, and there's a huge lump on the top part of her cheekbone. Her lip is about 3 times the size, her teeth are bloody, and there's scrapes up and down the left side of her face. Poor thing.

She is staying home today from school. Hopefully the swelling will decrease enough tomorrow so she can go back. I tried to take a picture to show you, but she requested that I not post a picture of her on the blog. I don't think I'd want my hammered face to be made public either.

This happened the day after she found the 50 dollars, and she said "Well, I guess I can't have good luck everyday!".

8 comments:

dippyrooroo said...

Wow! I wonder what happened! Poor thing. I was looking for a quote for a scrapbook a long time ago, and I found this quote that just tickled me. It was by some old time baseball player and he said something like, The sun can't shine on the same 'ol dog's behind everyday. Sort of a different way of saying the same lesson that Kamy learned! =) Love you all, and I hope Kamy feels better soon!

purejoy said...

awwww bless her heart! i am sorry that she got banged up the day after a super fun windfall. hope she's back to her perky self in no time! what a sweet attitude!!

Maynards said...

oh ouch, I sure hope she heals quickly.

I'm Always Rite said...

Hope Kamy heals quickly! Tell her to enjoy her fifty bucks! :]

Colleen said...

Poor Kamy! I hope the swelling is down!

Nancy W said...

I hope she is getting better fast! And that is a cute atttitude! She must have great parents! hugs from Texas!

Shavonne said...

Poor kami! too bad we can't all have lucky days as good as finding a $50 bill!

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Poor girl! I am sure she looks a sight and is sore too. I can understand why she'd not want her picture plastered on the blog. Sometimes I don't post and it is because I have nothing to talk about or so much chaos in my life that I don't want to talk about that either. During those times I just look and enjoy other peoples blogs... yours is one of my favorites to see. Thanks for blogging about anything. I enjoy it. I hope your daughter feels good soon. I learned from a doctor after a bad car wreck that eating pineapple helps bruising go away quicker. You might try that. I think I drank pineapple juice and ate the tidbits with every meal and the discoloration goes away a little faster. :)