Friday, April 24, 2009

Crafty Projects

So we had three main projects that we meant to work on when everyone was here. One of them isn't finished yet, so I can't show it to you, but we also worked on some other little projects. The cute little pair of baby shoes pictured above were a big hit. Sharon brought the pattern and we all fell in love.

Melissa and I had the supplies to make this cute messenger bag, which can also double as a diaper bag. The picture shows the inside of it, with all the elastic pockets. The outside is decked out in Velcro pockets and hidden zipper pockets. It took three of us, ALL DAY, to figure out the pattern and get the bag made. It kicked our butts. I don't think I'll ever make this bag again. However, if you are more gifted at following a pattern than I am, you might try to make the bag yourself. Here is the link to the instructions. Have fun. Don't blame me if you throw the bag across the room in frustration.


Then we all made these cute watch bracelets, which were the hit of the weekend. Melissa brought all the watch faces and beads, and after we each picked out the colors we wanted, we made our cute chunky watch bracelets.

We all wore them to church the next day. Here is a picture of the top side, as well as the underside of our cool bracelets.



Courtney spent the weekend painting some pictures for me to hang on our wall. She calls them her "Sexy Trees" paintings. I think they look so cool. She did a fantastic job.

There were also some projects that were worked on that I didn't take pictures of. Kim made some curtains for her kitchen that looked really cute. Bethany helped me with my bag, but she also was crocheting a blanket for a friend of hers. Rebekah made a cute purse. Melissa cut Kamy's hair. Kim made a ton of doughnuts for us all to eat all weekend, and we made lots of yummy food to keep us all happy.
After most of the girls left on Sunday, Shavonne and Sharon and I had a project that we've been wanting to do for a long time. Do you see this sad little doll in the next picture? It was a doll that my mom made for Shavonne when she was a little girl. It has 4 faces that you can twist around, to show the baby sleeping, surprised, happy, and sad. It's seen a lot of love, so it's not in the best shape right now. It was our goal to re-create this doll. We aren't done yet, but have made a lot of progress.

Finally, yesterday we made these cute little baby shower gifts too. They were so easy to make.
So that is what we have been working on, and why I have neglected my little blog. Sharon is still here, staying an extra week, and we have even more things to work on. So I'll be absent a bit longer, but I'll be back!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

The shoes are so cute, I have made what seems to be a hundred pair for friends and family. The applique is also in the regular rotation here.
It was nice to see all your sisters. Looks like you all had a blast.
Did you get your hair cut shorter?

Colleen said...

All great looking projects! I am sure it was such fun to work on them together. Those baby shoes are so sweet, and I still love the baby stuff you made! I think I will not tackle the bag, cuz if it made you throw it across the room in frustration, I'm doomed!

Ande said...

Wow, looks like you guys kept busy. How fun!!! We tried to have a craft day, but didn't get as much done as we wanted to.

Maynards said...

ADORABLE!! I love all of it! If the watches aren't too hard, maybe we could make them for the craft group in our ward. I know those watches are pretty big stuff right now. Everyone would pay for their own material.
I also LOVED LOVED LOVED the baby stuff you made for Jacquie. You will have to teach me once I know the gender of my baby. I want to make it all for sure!!!!

Elise said...

The shoes and onesies are so adorable. Your weekend looks like it was a blast.

Megan said...

Wow. You really did work on a LOT of crafts. They all look super cute. I need to come up with one project for my sisters weekend.

Jennifer and her Jelly Bean said...

i think it is so wonderful that you got to spend time with your family doing something that you love so much!
(i miss my sister like crazy, as i am living abroad...)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks like you all had way too much fun!!

I love the look of that bag I will have to check out the tutorial..

I love the shoes the are so quick and easy to make I made some for my friends with Chanail in the inside so the y would be soft on her baby skin.