Thursday, April 30, 2009

Crochet Your Heart Out

Would you believe it if I told you that I crocheted this sweet little dollie? Believe it. I did it!! I'm so happy with my newfound skill. I have tampered in the art of crocheting a long time ago. When I was in college, I aggressively made about 50 beautiful colored squares of crochet goodness, only to ignore them for years and years (and then finally misplace them) because I did not know how to connect all the squares together.

A few years after I got married, someone taught me how to make a pretty crochet edging around a baby blanket. I don't think I ever finished the blanket.


Which brings me to a year ago, when my sister SHARON put up a few dollies on her blog that she had made. (Here is another link to another doll) They were so cute and sweet and I really really wanted to know how to make them. Fast forward to this past week, and we got out my new package of crochet hooks, a few spools of yarn, and I sat at the Master's feet and learned how to crochet a dolllie. If you want to know how to make them, here is a link to the AMAZING DOLL PATTERN. Sharon and I didn't follow the pattern. Since she already knew how to make a doll, we just winged it, and shaped it according to our liking, which is the reason that our dolls are two different sizes, and the dresses completely different. We just went with it, and it was FUN.

My dollies name is ROSITA, because she looks like a Spanish flower. Sharon's doll's name is Clara, so named by Kolby.

7 comments:

runningfan said...

I might even like this dolly better than Batman, who holds a place of prestige at our house. Well done!

runningfan said...

I might even like this dolly better than Batman, who holds a place of prestige at our house. Well done!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Totally cute!!!

I have never even tried to crochet. But I want to learn.

I guess I need to crash Grandma Obergs knitting club.. I am afraid they wont let me in after I asked if knitting was done with the chopstick looking things.
Yes I am a dork!

Megan said...

I am amazed at all the crafts you guys cranked out in a weekend. I want to come to your next craft weekend and have you teach me to do so many things and actually complete them before I leave!!!

dippyrooroo said...

Holy smokes, I'm in love with that doll! Only you could make a crocheted dolly so sassy! My sister in law and I are going to start crocheting baby blankets, so maybe I'll build my skills so that I can try something fun like that too!

courtney said...

You did a really good job Shaina! Those dolls are very cute!

Chloe said...

Oh stop - how CUTE! Seriously! When are you going to get an etsy store? Or am I really behind and you already have one...?