Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fickle Weather

One thing that's nice about the weather in Colorado Springs, is if you don't like it one day, well....it's bound to be different the next. This picture was taken on Saturday. Heath and the kids spotted a fox in our yard. I missed the whole thing because I was scouring bathrooms, but they took a picture for me. How nice.


This next picture is what we woke up to the next day, Easter morning. I was confused as to whether we were celebrating the birth of Jesus or his Resurrection, because of how fluffy and Christmas-like the snow looked. It was very beautiful, falling down in huge fat snowflakes.

But it didn't last long. This next picture was taken the following day. Almost all of it was melted off by noon. I think that is the best part about living here. I love having snow, but I love even more, having it melt off so quickly.

Like I mentioned before, I have my family coming into town for the weekend. I have a few postings saved up for you though, so you don't miss me too much. I've included a few recipes. So have a fabulous weekend and I'll meet ya back here on the flip side.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Fickle it is! Have a great weekend with your fam!

The Girls' Mom said...

I'm feeling ya on that one, I'm having the hardest time keeping all the diffent season of clothes out and organized until the weather choose which season it wants to be.

kdaygirl said...

Cool pic of the fox! Its supposed to be in the 70's here this weekend.
Hopefully the weather will be nice when we come!

DougandSheilah said...

I hear ya! Yesterday there was a freak storm that thankfully didn't hit us but in town there was 4-12inches of the fluffy stuff. Thankfully in just 5 days or so they say we will be close to 80 degrees. Not so sure I'm ready for that but I'll take what I can get.

dippyrooroo said...

That's so cool that there was a fox in your yard! I bet Heath and the kids were freaking out! As long as people are bragging about weather, it's supposed to be in the 80's here this weekend! I'm soooo excited!