Monday, May 18, 2009

The Campout

Last weekend, Heath and the boys went on a Father/Son campout with our church group. It's always something that is highly anticipated, whether rain or shine. The forecast called for a sprinkling of showers Friday night. Nothing that that guys can't handle.

So I packed up the boys with flashlights, sleeping bags, sweatshirts, and bandaids. They were so excited for their Daddy to come home from work so they could go. It wasn't until 6pm that they got out the door. It took an hour for them to drive to the campsite, through the beautiful mountains that frame our state.

It is a tradition for me to make them hobo meals for their dinner. I started making them spaghetti and meatballs, with garlic bread, for their campfire feast, and this year was no different. They gobbled them up.

I sent the camera with Heath, with instructions to take lots of pictures. He took a few, but they weren't what I had in mind. You won't find a single picture of Heath or the boys in these pictures. Here is what Heath deemed memorable enough to capture with a photograph.


The countryside.
The cinnamon roll he ate with breakfast.


The six dozen eggs he cracked for breakfast.


The campsite.

The fire.

You'll just have to believe me that Keaton and Kolby were present and accounted for.

6 comments:

Megan said...

that's pretty funny! Some husbands just do NOT know how to take pictures to blog.

BrittanyLane said...

That is so funny. Such a man thing. I also sent the camera with instructions to take lots of pictures. Nope. Left it on the counter. Good think Heath documented those eggs and the fire though. Wouldn't want to forget that. I'm pretty sure we would have had very similar shots from the trip... *sigh*

Heath said...

Hey I cracked like sixty eggs that morning and my fingers were so cold.

Colleen said...

At least he remembered to take some! I am glad they all had a great time, it is such a fun tradtion for these guys of ours!

kdaygirl said...

I am glad he got a shot of that cinnamon roll, it looked delish!

courtney said...

Jared is so excited to go to our father/son campout a week from friday. He brought Eli last year and is taking him this year too, he only just turned two on Sunday, but Jared is determined. I'll send the camera with him and see what he brings back, I won't give explicite directions either!

I feel like making eggs now!