Wednesday, May 27, 2009

First Day/Last Day

This is a picture of the kids on the first day of school last August. We were in South Carolina at this time, and the kids had to catch the bus at 6:40 am every morning. Kolby was in full day Kindergarten, and he was so excited to go to school. Quite frankly, I was excited for him to go to school too!

Then we moved to Colorado in October, and this is a picture of the kids on the first day of school here. Kolby was put in afternoon kindergarten, which he was happy about. Even though he loves school, he's not too fond of the work, and would rather be at home playing with his light sabers.

And today brings the last day of school for the '08-'09 school year. Here is what they looked like this morning. They are very happy to be out for summer vacation. Who knows how I'll keep them occupied for two and a half months. They are likely to drive me bonkers. Speaking of, in the next picture, they are showing just how crazy I'll be come August.

Happy end of school to everyone! Lets schedule some play dates!

5 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Ok you can come and play here in the Wiliderness any time you want..

Kolby grew so much from october untill now.. WOW!!!

runningfan said...

Sounds like a plan!

Megan said...

Do you want to come to our house for a play date . . . that would work best for us :) I think that must be Kammy's favorite shirt for the whole year!

Rebecca said...

My kids don't get out of school until June 23rd. Lucky me!

DougandSheilah said...

I'm torn between saying no fair your kids are out of school and thank goodness my kids aren't yet. Have a fun summer.