Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kinnikinick Trail

It was a beautiful day today (until around 3:00 pm) and Heath took advantage of the gorgeous sunshine. He took Kamy, Keaton, and Kolby back to Palmer Park to explore. Their initial plan was to let the kids mountain bike down the trail, but after Kolby wiped out, and almost went off a cliff, Heath brought the bikes back to the van and the kids hiked around instead. (Georgie and I had a long list of stuff to buy at Costco, so we went our separate ways.)

You can see Pikes Peak in the background, still covered in snow. Heath will climb up it this summer; something he is most anxious about doing.


I know we show you a lot of pictures of us hiking around, but it's really our favorite thing to do here. It's close, it's free, and it's so great to be outdoors!



Until our next hike...which is sure to be soon.

7 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

You guys are such the adventurers! So many beautiful places where you live. I love it!

runningfan said...

So gorgeous! We need to get off our fannies and do more things like this.

Carolann said...

Are you just trying to entice everybody to move there so you have more friends? That state looks AWESOME!

Julee said...

You live is such a beautiful place! So many different options for fun family excursions....

BrittanyLane said...

p.s. I have to tell you, we made your wild rice soup tonight for dinner. It was a huge hit! Thanks for the recipe.

Shavonne said...

Shaina, I have to say that something about the way Kami is holding her fingers so reminds me of you and signing. She's got your hands!!

FORD RULES said...

I miss that area. I'll have to visit sometime when I see my folks in Cheyenne. I miss biking too, remind Heath of the time we went and I flew over my handle bars. LOL