Thursday, May 28, 2009

So Far So Good

I put the kids to bed last night with instructions to NOT wake me up early. No school = sleeping in. Of course, I guess the husband missed the message because he kept coming over and kissing me when he was getting ready for work. So, I didn't really get to sleep in, but I did get a relaxing morning.

After breakfast, I gave the kids an incentive. If they cleaned up in a timely manner, and to my satisfaction, we could use their free kids meal coupons at Chick-fil-A that they got for good attendance, and go eat lunch in the park with friends. They fulfilled their end of the deal, and I got a nice clean house in return.


So we got lunch, pulled out a blanket, and settled down for an hour or two at the park. I quite enjoyed it, especially when the sun came out from behind the clouds. Just lovely.

We had to cut it a bit short at the park, because, of course, Georgie had to go potty. So next we went to the library. The kids got a few books to read for their afternoon reading time, including the "BFG" and "My Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day". Next thing on the agenda is coming up with our summer schedule. We do this every year so the kids stay organized with activities, and I don't go crazy with their whining that they are bored. I just say "what's on the schedule?" and that ends the argument. Plus, it's the only way I can squeeze in school work and writing lessons every day for those who need a bit more encouragement in that department.

5 comments:

Ande said...

We still have two weeks of school here. We were never out by memorial day, but I guess a bunch of places are. Enjoy your outings, I need to make a schedule as well. :)

Nancy said...

I'd love to hear your schedule! I have a 4 year old and a 12 month old and tend to go a little crazy myself keeping them entertained, the house cleaned, meals made, etc.....

Sharon said...

is it still cold there? i need to go to the library..

Jen Sue Wild said...

Looks like you all had a fun day!!
I love summer vacation!

Megan said...

I thought your page used to load slow but no biggie. I tried to blog today but everytime I tried the pictures wouldn't load. So I gave up. Hopefully tomorrow. I need to get a schedule for my kids summer. I've already told them that this year I'm going to really in force the daily reading rule.