Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This is how I feel most of the time

Too tired to do anything, let alone climbing up and down the stairs. Keaton was sick all last week, and this is how I found him after school one day. Poor thing. I know how he feels. Sometimes it's just too much work to go upstairs to bed.

I'm sorry my blogging has been sparse. Truth is, I don't have anything to blog about because I haven't been doing anything. That craft week (or two weeks) really wiped me out. Quite honestly, I've been exhausted since March.

I try to clean. I try to make dinners. I try to keep up with other things, but for the most part, all I want to do is sit down and read (keeps me occupied, but doesn't exhaust me). Heath hasn't commented about the disaster level of the house, which is nice. He would, however, like to see me doing something other than reading. I like to read. So be it.

I don't really have much of an appetite either. I try to make dinner every night, but by the time it's made, I usually can't stomach eating anything. I've been loving cranberry juice lately, and cinnamon toast crunch (dry), cashews, and peanut butter crackers. Nothing else really sounds good.

I've been having clothing issues too. I'm in that awkward in-between stage, where my current pants feel like I'm strangling the baby, and yet it's way too early for maternity clothes. I've been trying to wear jackets and sweaters, to disguise the lumpy chunkiness that I feel my belly resembles, but with the weather finally turning nice here, that won't be a solution for long.

Hopefully another month will solve all my problems!

12 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I hope you get lots of energy and get hungry soon!

runningfan said...

Ah, the first trimester BLAH! Hang in there. Your spunk will come back eventually.

Becky said...

That is a tough stage. When I was pregnant the third time my husband called me a "couch potato" and my other two "tater tots".

Maynards said...

Hopefully you feel a little better in knowing that you aren't alone in the weird clothing stage. I feel like I have a muffin top all the time...and that is a HUGE pet peeve of mine...blah!
That picture of your boy sleeping on the stairs broke my heart. Poor thing.
Hope you get your second trimester energy early, sounds like you could use some. Hang in there!

Colleen said...

Oh I so feel it! Many nights I have asked Adam to just carry me up the stairs because I just don't think I can make it. And our house is getting on the far side of gross. Every day I think, "This is the day! I will get all that cleaning done today!" And then I just don't because I am just not really up for it. And the dinner prep thing, I know it, girl! Here is to feeling more human again soon!

courtney said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling good! Hope your sickness frame lasts less than mine does, 16-20 weeks is when my sick period finally ends.

Jen Sue Wild said...

I am sorry for you.. The prize at the end is worth it thoe..

Ande said...

I hate that in between stage. Get some nice comfy sweatpants, or yoga pants. Poor keaton, what a cute pic though.

The Girls' Mom said...

You need to get a bella band. I love mine. Also remember you may never have an excuse to sit and read and leave the house a mess again so take advantage. During my 1st trimester Garin would come home from a 10-12 hour day and feed the kids, clean and do laundry and dishes. He was such a trooper! I felt so guilty but totally appreciated it.

Sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS on you pregnancy!!! That is terrific. Can't wait to find out what you're having! That first trimester is really the pits. I hope your second is better. And, I LOVE your recent crafts--I sure wish I lived near you so you could teach me how to do all of them! ;)

Sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS on you pregnancy!!! That is terrific. Can't wait to find out what you're having! That first trimester is really the pits. I hope your second is better. And, I LOVE your recent crafts--I sure wish I lived near you so you could teach me how to do all of them! ;)

jenny said...

(((((hugs)))))))) to you! I know that feeling! I'm a new commenter... I've been following your blog for a month or so now and always enjoy it. Just wanted to send warm wishes your way. I know you know "this too shall pass"... just think, soon you'll be in super cute summer maternity clothes. I love a prego belly in a swim suit! I miss those days! God bless you!