Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update on the Job

Sorry to leave out so many details with Heath's new job. Quite honestly, he never wants me to get too personal with his job, but even he mentioned that I didn't say very much.

So to walk a fine line here, Heath will be working for Northrup Grumman. They are a huge military contract company. We fell very lucky to have gotten on with them. He'll be working at a different military base here, in Colorado. We will not be moving anywhere, so that is good news. Although we have plans to buy a house this year, that won't happen until the fall, right before the little lemon drop is born.

There has been a boost in spirits around here. Heath feels great, getting this new job, and I have finally figured out the secret to feeling better with this pregnancy. It is called TAKING NAPS. Seriously, on the days that I get a nap, I feel so much better, and I can usually eat dinner, although in very small amounts.

Luckily, this little girl has been cooperating with me on the nap affair. I get her to lay down a few days a week now, and it's been great. Yesterday she even went upstairs by herself and crawled into bed. What a good girl.

Do you see that book peeking out under the blanket? It's a Dora Princess book and she's been reading it nonstop since we got it from the library last week. She especially loves Dora's fancy shoes in the book, and says "I wuv those shoes, momma" just about every 30 seconds.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

sweet, the secret of me having an awesome day is a nap too.... although the only reason is i just like naps. i wuv those shoes too

Carolann said...

I found the nap thing to be very important to my sanity during all my pregnancies. Cole still takes a nap every day so I still sometimes take a nap with him. It's heaven!

courtney said...

Jared discovered a few years back, as he was talking to Shav's Derek and Sharon's Darick that Weber girls need naps. I don't know why but I take naps all the time...even in college, I would come home for a nap!

Congrats on the new job and insurance coverage! Peace of mind on how things will be paid for in a pregnancy is huge!

teensy_dc said...

A girl after my own heart, loves books & shoes! he he
Awesome news about the job!
I love naps - glad you found the secret! :)

Rebecca said...

Congrats on the new job with benefits! We are so blessed at Boeing to have such awesome benefits.

Naps are great. I rarely got to take them when pregnant with my fourth, but I always enjoyed them when I did.

Colleen said...

I think the trick to naps with older kids is napping with them...Josh still naps if I lay down with him too. I am so happy for you guys with Heath's new job, everything feels better when you feel secure in a good job. And there are some great houses for sale up here around us...hint, hint.

Maynards said...

I am so happy for Heath and all of you. What a blessing. I am with you on the nap thing. It really does help..at least enough to make it through the rest of the day. Mary also LOVES that Dora book, it is so cute!