Thursday, June 4, 2009

Anniversary Time!


Happy 10 Year Anniversary to us!! We've never really celebrated our Anniversary through the years, except for acknowledging it and then spending the evening at home with the kiddos. It was never a good time to get away. The closest we came to having a vacation of our own, without the kids, was when Heath and I got to go to Hawaii about a year and a half ago. It was a great week by ourselves.

This year, we knew we had to celebrate it somehow. It has been 10 years, afterall. So we made reservations to stay at a little Bed and Breakfast in the mountains, and we are leaving our kids with some friends tomorrow night. Looking forward to it so much!!

16 comments:

Dan and Katie said...

Yeah! Happy Anniversary!

runningfan said...

Oooooohhhhh....I didn't realize you were going away ALONE! Enjoy yourselves!

Trinette McCrary said...

I hear ya, same with Nathan and I.
I'm excited for you to get away. Have fun and happy anniversary.

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you both have a great time!

DougandSheilah said...

Have fun. I know about the not really celebrating thing. Doug and I are trying to do something special this year for our 10th too.

Julee said...

Congrats!

courtney said...

Happy 10th! takiing a little trip together is always nice!

Colleen said...

Enjoy! You definitely have to celebrate the big 10 years! I am glad you are getting away!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!

Adri said...

Happy 10th to you. It is our 10th anniversary this month, too. But, instead of getting away, we'll be away...from each other. Chad will be in the mountains with stinky scouts and I'll be home with the kiddos. Alone. {sigh} The celebration will have to wait, I suppose.

Enjoy your night off!

dippyrooroo said...

Um, I'd have to say that a week in Hawaii definitly counts as a vacation! =P I'm glad you're taking another chance to get away and just have time to yourselves! Happy Anniversary!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Happy 10th.. WE did the BB get way for our tenth it was a murder mystery .. It was tons of fun!
Hope you ahve a great day!

I'm Always Rite said...

Happy Anniversary! Have fun! :)

Elise said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Have fun!

Holmes Home said...

Happy Anniversay! Have fun!

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

you guys are the cutest couple! have a great weekend.