Saturday, June 27, 2009

Doubled Over

We are in Utah and having a great time at the family reunion. I think there are 10 tents in my brother's backyard, and there is still room for all the kids to jump on the trampoline and play tag. Even having only two bathrooms for everyone hasn't been that bad of a situation. We all take turns beautifully.

It's been raining a lot. It's been sunny. It's been windy.

Woke up yesterday morning with my bags of clothes in a puddle. Spent the day with clothes strewn around the tent, getting steam dried.

Came home last night at midnight to see that the rain flap had been blown to the side, thus creating a waterfall right on top of my bed.

I think sleeping in the tent drugs my kids. After they fall asleep, I can move them around, twist blankets around them, step on them accidentally, and still, they do not move. It's like they are in camping comas. I prefer it to them being awake and whiny all night, so I'm not complaining. I just nudge them every once in a while to make sure they are still breathing.

I love listening to rain fall on the tent. As long as the rainflap is working, and I'm snuggled under all the blankets, I'm good.

We had one family that couldn't make it. My oldest brother's family. We are bummed.

I think my belly doubled in size since Wednesday. Seriously. I find it very strange. Luckily, my boobs didn't experience the same phenomenon. They are already over their limit.

Got a big day planned today. Over and out.

2 comments:

Trinette McCrary said...

Keep having fun and try to stay dry-ha!!

Megan said...

Wow. Tent city - I'm impressed and you seem to have a great attitude about the whole situation. Have a fun reunion!