Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Make it again and again.

I got this recipe from my friend Lydia. I'm not a huge fan of blueberries, but I love this Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake. The lemon flavor is marvelous. Here's how you make it.

(Combine)
1 cup buttermilk
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp each of lemon zest and juice
1/2 tsp vanilla

(Then mix in)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups flour

(Fold in)
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray the bundt pan with nonstick spray, and then dust with flour. Bake for about an hour until toothpick comes out clean.

Cool five minutes then invert onto a serving dish. Mix together 3/4 cup of powdered sugar with juice from one lemon. Drizzle over top of cake. Serve when cool.

4 comments:

DougandSheilah said...

I can't wait to be done with my diet so I can try all the yummy recipes you post.

The Girls' Mom said...

While I greatly appreciate the delectable delights you are willing to share with us all would you please stop making me FAT!!! J/K it looks so delicious and it is just not fair to do that to a pregnant lady! I hope you are feeling better, and all in well in "the Springs"

dippyrooroo said...

That looks so good! We had blueberry pancakes this morning, but I'm still not sure I've had my fix! This might be just the ticket!

HelenMelon said...

I've been looking for a lemon blueberry pound cake forever for my cravings this pregnancy! This was wonderful! (I put the blueberries in a gallon ziploc bag with a little flour and shook it to coat them so that when I folded it in the batter they didn't sink to the bottom. Worked great!)